Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best?? IM putting 285's on and would like good spacers but not to break the bank.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one??

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are keeping factory rims get ones that are hub centric for sure, but they are not cheap. Check WheelAdapter.com Wheel Adapters

Now that being said, ive ran cheaper aluminum non hub centric (on the outer rim) spacers on my DRW for +3 years now with 295's. Had I done more research I would have surely gone with the better ones as I tow. Believe I paid more like $150 for mine back when I purchased them. On my 295's I have a 2" spacer... F350 DRW pictures from friends fun photos on webshots

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's actually a good price thanks! What gearing do u have i"m guessing 4.10 what is your RPM at 65mph??? I'm at 2150rpm-2200 and hate it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
4.10's yes. Not sure about the RPM/speed tho as I need to recalibrate my truck for the tires. Im going with 37's tho so I want to wait and get them on the truck first

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
37's on a dually?? can u please send me pics when u get those tires???

·
Registered
110 Posts
37 12.50 17 Pro Comp xtreme ATs yupp =-) Got the tires in the bed of my truck currently, picked them up yesterday. Ive got new rims on the way, ditching the dually front for a single wheel front so it should help with tire wear. And a 6" Icon/DR lift kit

As soon as it all goes on I sure will be posting pics up

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
You're gonna need 3" between the duals to fit 12.50s... I run 315/75s and the three inchers just get it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
sled yanker you said that ur running 315/75/16? do you have a suspension lift? i have a 99 drw 4x4 and i got a leveling kit for the front. I was wanting to run 315/75s. but i dont want them to rub. so r u sayin that with a 3in spacer in the rear theyll clear?

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
sled yanker you said that ur running 315/75/16? do you have a suspension lift? i have a 99 drw 4x4 and i got a leveling kit for the front. I was wanting to run 315/75s. but i dont want them to rub. so r u sayin that with a 3in spacer in the rear theyll clear?
The truck in question is a 2WD with a FabTech 6.5" lift, it sits about 2-3 inches taller than a stock 4x4. So, a leveling kit on a 4x4 should get it. With a 3" spacer I can fit my hand between the tires. With the 2" spacer I had before they rubbed, even worse with a load.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
Here's one for you dually gurus. Is the 450 Dana 80 any different than the 350? And, I'm going 9" wheels in the rear with a 12.50 tire, what issues will I be running into?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm running 2'' non-hubcentric with my 305s but I don't tow, just a pulling truck.
ahh that would prolly be more stressfull than normal towing with the down pressure, tires spinning and biteing at full rpm. are they steel or alum?

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
Here's one for you dually gurus. Is the 450 Dana 80 any different than the 350? And, I'm going 9" wheels in the rear with a 12.50 tire, what issues will I be running into?
Nope, until you get to the end of the axles. Where the difference would be the hub size and bolt pattern. Some 8x170, 8x200, 8x225, and a couple 10 bolt patterns (that I know nothing about). I do know it's about a foot wider than a SRW truck.

And, where the hell did you find 9" dually wheels, 16" 17" & what's the bolt pattern. I need...

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Nope, until you get to the end of the axles. Where the difference would be the hub size and bolt pattern. Some 8x170, 8x200, 8x225, and a couple 10 bolt patterns (that I know nothing about). I do know it's about a foot wider than a SRW truck.

And, where the hell did you find 9" dually wheels, 16" 17" & what's the bolt pattern. I need...
I think he is talking about 9" wide.

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
I think he is talking about 9" wide.

What else would he be talking about?

And, that'd be my interest, a pair of 9"x whatever would be SICK back there. But, I'm kinda considering one big wide mammer jammer back there... anybody else ever done it? One wide wheel on a dually?

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts

It's 8x225, I knew that, didn't know if the width was different. I'm having them made by a shop in Michigan, Stazworks extreme offroad. They're 20's and doing deep wheels in the front 20x10's

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
What's the bolt pattern on your current tires and wheels scotty, and are you getting rid of them?

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
the current is 8x225... it's the factory steel wheels and worn out 225's... thought i might would hold on to them if i needed to haul something "heavy" across the country.. but other than that i really have no use for them..

the new wheels should be done this week, going in for coating next week.. and when i can ever get home i'll be slapping some tires on the wheels, and then fitting it up for spacers if needed. the guy at stazworks said he wasn't sure if i would need a spacer or not, he had done a set of 7.5in wide wheels for a guy and set the offset as deep as he could and the guy only needed a 1in spacer... so we'll see.. i'll post pics up when it's done

1 - 20 of 25 Posts