Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I un-dually a Dana 80 dually rear-end? I'm kicking around ideas for my '99 and one has been to go to a SRW. I know in the front it's just the adapter but the rear is considerably different.

Who knows what...?

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before you jump my ass, Rico, the search function yielded nada...

just sayin'

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have kicked this around a couple times also. What it looks like is maybe if you had the outter hubs and axles from a SRW. Maybe you could get it to work. But I havent had time to tear down a dually rear to see.

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Probably just need a spacer to make the width the same as a SRW. The dually rearend is narrower than a srw. Bolt up a set of SRW wheels and tires and measure it. Then measure the stock width of a SRW truck. I guessing close to two inches per side would make em close. Other than that, just bolt a bed on there. That, or buy a 10.5 and bolt it in there. How much you want for the 80?? I need one for a project truck. Already got a dana 60 front out of a 01 350 dually. Just need a rear 80 to narrow up.:D

BTW, nothing there to tear down. Just unbolt the tires and wheels and check it out. The cab/chassis rear 80's are a different width than the regualr dually rearends. And you can just bolt up a set of SRW wheels on them. Nothing different but the width. I think hotrodtractor's pulling truck had a 80 in the rear with no spacers, and looked good like that to me. Maybe he'll chime in about the width.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I beleive you just need spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts