Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had and both, stock to stock, the single wheels had more power and got better mileage emty and loaded. DRW had 4.10 and 4.30 with 285/70/17, singles had 3.73 and 35" tires. Anyone ever dyno there trucks stock. I did on my single, it had 260hp and 420tq @4500' above sea level.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm not to sure were you are going with this. I've always been under the impression that a drw is for added stability/ load control. Not necessarily more power/better mileage.:shrug:. If its my misunderstanding I haven't had my coffee yet this morning LOL

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just something I wondered, and something new to talk about.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told they were tuned down, and by driven then loaded I belive they are.

·
The Gray Mule
73 Posts
The only powerstroke's that were turned down are the E class All F Class are the same

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the DRWs i've drove and pulled with wouldn't keep up with the single real wheels. This is on 6.0 and 6.4 motors.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wouldn't 4.11 with smaller tires pull better? And weight is 500lbs different don't really feel 500 when your pulling 20,000 lbs. Lol. Mileage is the extra tires, not sure why I posted mileage. Don't really care about that. Lol.
Anyone dyno a stock 6.0 dully?

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Well isn't in drag racing for instance every 100lbs is a 1/10th of a second. So if it is 500 pounds heavier let's say that would be half a second slower hen the same truck. Unless they lie about the power they put on the valve covers as well.

Or maybe its all one big conspiracy

·
Registered
588 Posts
Power:weight then throw in gearing. Simple physics.

The end.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drive both, pull a trailer with both, then let you know what you think.
I have 91 gallons of fuel and I can't till if it's emty or fuel when I'm that heavy, that's about 800lbs. When your that hevey you can't really fill 1000lbs.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
All the same HP SRW vs DRW except when you get into the NEWER cab n-chassi trucks. For what ever reason, they are detuned:doh: Brilliant idea FORD:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone have stock dyno numbers from a 03-07 dully?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
No two trucks will be the same. Even 2 identical trucks that were built one vin number apart whit the same cab and bed configuration

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know, but they will be close. But I have pulled with 5 6.0 single, 3 DRW and all the singles ran the same and ran way better. I was just woundering if I'm the only one that has noticed this. No I'm not racing them. It's just a big difference pulling.
No two trucks will be the same. Even 2 identical trucks that were built one vin number apart whit the same cab and bed configuration

·
super tuner
164 Posts
It's the government man. They mess with everything man. LOL
is this a referance to that kid slaterson in the movie dazed and confused? i love that movie lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts