Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad storm, going to work, was in too deep before I knew it, afraid to stop in fear of worse things happening. Truck never stopped until I parked it at my job. Started it shortly afterwards and it wouldn't even move. That's when my nightmare began. Now, runs rough, White smoke in the beginning now Black smoke before it dies. Starts right back up and idles just great until right before it dies. With an Autel scan tool I can see that the MAP starts at "0" and goes up, as it begins to reach 14.7 the Black smoke starts then the truck dies. Truck had run FANTASTIC, until the water. Things I've done so far listed below:
*Air filter was wet so I replaced air filter.
*Drained fuel filter and replaced with FoMoCo.
*Didn't get fuel filter cap on good and fuel sprayed everywhere so I will ASS-U-ME my fuel pressure is good.
*Engine fan is tight with blades fully intact.
*Autel scanner shows no codes, except ones for the AIH because of the delete, and EBP because of the delete. Buzz test performed and passed several times.
*Removed IDM connector and no OBVIOUS damage there.
*Disconnected fuel line before filter and ran a hose to fresh fuel with no change in anything.
*Will have AutoEnginuity installed on my laptop TONIGHT with no idea how to use it, no clue to the various screens to look at or what tests to perform in what sequence.
Like everyone else, I have to get this thing back up quick!
Thanks for any and all hel

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did you check to see if water in oil?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,466 Posts
what are you working on, a 7.3 or a 6.7? you posted in two different engine sections

·
Administrator
8,466 Posts
no problem, i will make it go away

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Start pulling electrical connections and cleaning them out. Electrical cleaner, wire dryer, wd40, etc.
Pull the idm and give it a shake, listen for water.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
How deep was the water?

Most vital things should be up and out of the way of even deeper water, that is unless you saw it flowing over the hood and even then it takes a bit for it to flow into the engine compartment.

A wet air filter is one problem that it looks like you took care of. But there may still be some residual water or moisture in the intake and the system. I'd also look real close at the PCM connector, it actually sits quite low.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Start pulling electrical connections and cleaning them out. Electrical cleaner, wire dryer, wd40, etc.
Pull the idm and give it a shake, listen for water.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Pull the IDM and shake it...didn't do that, but did pull the others and found nothing. How long before all might dry out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How deep was the water?

Most vital things should be up and out of the way of even deeper water, that is unless you saw it flowing over the hood and even then it takes a bit for it to flow into the engine compartment.

A wet air filter is one problem that it looks like you took care of. But there may still be some residual water or moisture in the intake and the system. I'd also look real close at the PCM connector, it actually sits quite low.
Water only "splashed" over, no "flowing".
I will pull the PCM and sew what I can see.
no problem, i will make it go away
Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad storm, going to work, was in too deep before I knew it, afraid to stop in fear of worse things happening. Truck never stopped until I parked it at my job. Started it shortly afterwards and it wouldn't even move. That's when my nightmare began. Now, runs rough, White smoke in the beginning now Black smoke before it dies. Starts right back up and idles just great until right before it dies. With an Autel scan tool I can see that the MAP starts at "0" and goes up, as it begins to reach 14.7 the Black smoke starts then the truck dies. Truck had run FANTASTIC, until the water. Things I've done so far listed below:
*Air filter was wet so I replaced air filter.
*Drained fuel filter and replaced with FoMoCo.
*Didn't get fuel filter cap on good and fuel sprayed everywhere so I will ASS-U-ME my fuel pressure is good.
*Engine fan is tight with blades fully intact.
*Autel scanner shows no codes, except ones for the AIH because of the delete, and EBP because of the delete. Buzz test performed and passed several times.
*Removed IDM connector and no OBVIOUS damage there.
*Disconnected fuel line before filter and ran a hose to fresh fuel with no change in anything.
*Will have AutoEnginuity installed on my laptop TONIGHT with no idea how to use it, no clue to the various screens to look at or what tests to perform in what sequence.
Like everyone else, I have to get this thing back up quick!
Thanks for any and all hel
AutoEnginuity's flash drive was corrupt. Spoke with them this morning and they just sent me a link to download everything I need. I'll do that during my lunchtime. Can anyone tell me what kind of info to look for and what tests to do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts