Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrying on the poor college kid reputation i do some car detailing for a local in murray KY and after doing about 50 different trucks an 08 6.4 came in. I been dieing to get behind the wheel one and even know it was stock i have to say when i get out of school my 7.3 will be retired and i'll be paying the bank a visit.:ford:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Carrying on the poor college kid reputation i do some car detailing for a local in murray KY and after doing about 50 different trucks an 08 6.4 came in. I been dieing to get behind the wheel one and even know it was stock i have to say when i get out of school my 7.3 will be retired and i'll be paying the bank a visit.:ford:
:whs: I graduate in June.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I test drove one and was going to buy it when it was time for the pickup just couldnt part with my 7.3! the 6.4 is a great truck but i love my 7.3 way to much to ditch her!:doh:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hell yeah!!! whats paid for is always better!! but the 6.4s are sweet but love my 7.3:D

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
I'll keep my 6.0 she dose everything I want her to do...but I do like the 6.4

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
:whs: and I don't like car payments[/QUOTE

payments arnt bad when they are in the 300.00 range but when they get out of that they are hell! I got my truck at 372.18! I dont see paying more then that!
there people out there paying 1000.00 pluse a month are smoking crack! if I was bringing home 2000 a week it wouldnt be to bad

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
I got $480 a mo...thats a lil high for a truck with 172k but it's at 14.5% int.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O don't get me wrong guys i love my 7.3 aswell and i wouldn't ever sell as a matter of fact all the work i have tied up into into it, it would take a gold mine to buy it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a 7.3 and my grandpa lives 10 minutes away with a 6.4. His has a few more bells and whistles and the paint is nicer but i think mine pulls stronger.

·
all ur OBS r belong to me
1,591 Posts
I don't really care much for the 6.4. My buddy has one in an F-450 with a tuner and DPF delete. He's getting 16mpg weighing in at over 11k and a #### hair over 500hp. Still no where near as fun as a Cummins at 500hp, the power comes on too smooth... truck doesn't even feel fast.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think thats the best part about them. I think its a heck of alot better than riding around in one of them loud a$$ dodges.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not talking smack. I just like the smooth quiet power.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
I had to part with my 7.3 to get the 6.4 as well and i say it was very hard and i still miss it but my spartand 6.4 puts a huge smile to my face when pedal meets floor! its way worth the payment haha

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
I don't really care much for the 6.4. My buddy has one in an F-450 with a tuner and DPF delete. He's getting 16mpg weighing in at over 11k and a #### hair over 500hp. Still no where near as fun as a Cummins at 500hp, the power comes on too smooth... truck doesn't even feel fast.
gearing comes to mind.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
Well thats probably cause its in a 11k truck! :doh: put that same amount of power in an 8k truck and you will probably change your mind. when i mash into mine it puts you into the seat and snaps your neck

1 - 20 of 42 Posts