Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 169 Posts

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad you guys dig it so far! I'm working with American Force Wheels on a new setup...it should be pretty awesome. I need to see if I'm allowed to spill the beans yet though...don't want them sore at me. :) Wheels should be on the truck no later than early October. Might seem like a long way away, but being that this truck is a SEMA Show Project, there will be many, many changes coming before the wheels show. I'll keep posting progress pics for everyone though!

Kris

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Cant wait to see the finished product. Good luck with everything your doing to it! I know american force makes some pretty sweet wheels, so im sure whatever you got going on with them will turn out nice.

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Truck looks SICK Kris!! Way to be man! You trend setter, you! Lol

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks guys. I won't lie, I'm breathing a bit easier knowing that a dropped truck isn't considered blasphemy around here. With the plans we have for it, the drop makes a lot of sense, so hopefully all of the upcoming mods will go over well too...really trying to do something unique with this one as I believe Ford's built us a really special truck in the 2011.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks good, can't wait to see it with the wheels/tires.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nah, we embrace anything that looks good. And hell, one of the mods here has a slammed superduty with a hopped up cummins in it lol
Does that make it a Fummins? That's great. I know all facets of automotive enthusiasts have their do's and don'ts, but I'm a fan of clean looking vehicles, no matter what make or model. Glad to see that sentiment echoed here.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Looks sweet!! I have always liked the dropped duallys

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm hoping it's going to lay frame in the future :rockwoot:
That's a stretch for my tastes haha... I come from Pro-Touring styled muscle cars, late-model muscle, and some Euro...so I'm much more for a clean stance with the fender right on the tire or very little wheel gap. I've never been into minitrucks, so laying frame has never been something I've been interested in. I might see about going lower eventually, but I'm waiting until the new wheels/tires go on to make that call lol.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
having been there, and done it, it's not worth the hassle just to lay frame. especially if it's somewhat of a daily driven truck. it's nice for the first couple months, but thats about it.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I believe that. The truck rides really nice with the DJM drop, I'd hate to sacrifice it just for stance. I do have a very specific stance in mind for the truck, but the wheel/tire setup should actually make it happen.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
are you going to do anything with the dually fenders, Jw I have seen some nice dually fenders that seem to be lengthened ... Are you going with dually wheels or super wide singles? btw the drop looks sick can't wait to see your next mod

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
Looks sick, I'm still not fond of the new fenders though. Damn that thing looks long as hell dropped with the new fender. All and all it looks sick.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Does that make it a Fummins? That's great. I know all facets of automotive enthusiasts have their do's and don'ts, but I'm a fan of clean looking vehicles, no matter what make or model. Glad to see that sentiment echoed here.
Absa-friggin-lutely :D

Truck looks amazing, even with the stock wheels/tires on there. Gotta either lift em or drop em as long as it all flows and works with the overall plans of the truck. Can't wait to see the future progress of the truck, gonna look great I'm sure.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I am actually retrofitting Street Scene Equipment's Big Boy dually fenders to it. I had mixed feelings on the 2011 fenders when I got the truck, but it seems like everyone hates them with a passion. I think the previous generation's fenders were perfect and suited the shape of the truck so much better.

21 - 40 of 169 Posts