Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just thought I'd post up. I'm really excited...we're installing a DJM 3"/5" drop on my 2011 F-350 dually project truck tonight. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly as this is the first drop they've sold to a 2011 owner. We did some calling around and found that the i-beams haven't changed from '08-10 so their kit should work just fine. I'm hoping all goes well on the rear too and nothing's been altered there in the past year. I guess my truck's the guinea pig!

I'll post results/pics by the end of the weekend hopefully...can't wait to see how it looks (and hopefully I'm not shunned for dropping my diesel...) Wish us luck!

More soon...

Kris

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looking forward to the pics, should look sweet.

Any plans for wheels/tires?

·
Registered
346 Posts
yea this is gona be sick!

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Can't wait to see it Kris! Best of luck on the install!

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm stoked to see how it comes out too.

We ran into one major snag last night which might hold up the project a couple of days. The u-bolts on the 2011s have changed. The whole assembly in fact.

Now, I'm not knocking the DJM Kit since it's excellent, but just noting a change. They sent us a 2010 kit to try out since they had not done any R&D on the 2011's yet and wanted us to see what the changes were. So far that's the only big hangup...but I'll keep everyone posted.

Unfortunately it seems like 2005-2010 u-bolts are hard to come by and I won't be able to get my hands on a set until the end of the week. :( Anyone got a better source than the local (and semi-local) dealer parts departments?

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking forward to the pics, should look sweet.

Any plans for wheels/tires?
I've got a set of American Force wheels coming for it in about a month. Something special...but it's a surprise since I'm not sure American Force wants the info out there just yet lol.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Get a truck(semi)/trailer shop to make you some ubolts.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I'm stoked to see how it comes out too.

We ran into one major snag last night which might hold up the project a couple of days. The u-bolts on the 2011s have changed. The whole assembly in fact.

Now, I'm not knocking the DJM Kit since it's excellent, but just noting a change. They sent us a 2010 kit to try out since they had not done any R&D on the 2011's yet and wanted us to see what the changes were. So far that's the only big hangup...but I'll keep everyone posted.

Unfortunately it seems like 2005-2010 u-bolts are hard to come by and I won't be able to get my hands on a set until the end of the week. :( Anyone got a better source than the local (and semi-local) dealer parts departments?
Get a truck(semi)/trailer shop to make you some ubolts.
:whs: Most big rig shops can make you u-bolts however you want. I just took one of my old ones in and they made them the length I wanted. I think I paid $10 or $15 a ubolt with nuts and washers.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Success! Just got home from my shop with the truck. That was a job and a half, but it's done and the truck not only looks amazing, but actually drives and rides nicer than it did stock! I'll be posting a list of things we ran into or had to modify, but all in all, things went well. A few hang-ups and a few extremely heavy parts, but thanks to the help of 2 of my good friends and my girlfriend, we got the truck dropped!

Kris

·
Registered
588 Posts
What the hell, man? where's the pics?

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha sorry to keep you guys waiting, here are the pics! Keep in mind everything is still settling, but the drop is really nice. It's a 3" front and 5" rear kit. We're getting a custom wheel and tire combo that will *ahem* fill out those wheel gaps... ;)

Anyway, enough words...here are some pics:

·
Registered
772 Posts
nice, about time someone drops a 350. I like it. Ive been wondering how that would look for a while. what rims you going to go with?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts