Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped a bolt from the hpop in the engine and it fell all the way to the pan. Is there an easy way to get the pan off or would it be a horrible idea to just leave it. I thought about just putting a magnet on the pan and leaving it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Best I can remember, there isn't a way for it to go anywhere once it's there. I would still fish it out. Drain oil and try to get it through the oil drain hole. How do you know it made it to the pan?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would cut a hole in the pan big enough, then weld a patch over the hole.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
I believe I already replied the other thread you started on powerstroke.org. In any event, pulling the oil pan is not that difficult on a 6.0L. And for the relative ease of pulling it, I would have the pan off and bolt out by now, in the time you've been thinking about this problem.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I would not try this. The issue you end up with is oil will always be draining down and end up in the weld. Even just the oil residue on the pan will play havoc with the weld. I have seen several different people try this and they have all turned out bad.

·
Word
608 Posts

:eek:

This is deff. a bad idea....either do it right and remove the oil pan, or just leave it there...it's not going anywhere...you know a $2 fix would be to buy a big magnet and stick it to the bottom of your oil pan if you're that worried about it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I believe I already replied the other thread you started on powerstroke.org. In any event, pulling the oil pan is not that difficult on a 6.0L. And for the relative ease of pulling it, I would have the pan off and bolt out by now, in the time you've been thinking about this problem.
:whs::whs: I was thinking about 7.3 in my earlier post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts