Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4.5" lift and have an adjustable track bar(for an early 99) coming but it also looks like i'll need a drop track bar bracket because my drop pitman arm looks like it's going to hit the factory track bar bracket.

What needs to be done to run a late 99-04 Drop track bar bracket on my early 99 with an early 99 adj. track bar? Thanks a bunch guys

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
on a four inch lift, you shouldn't have to have a drop pitman arm. just a spacer for the track bar, or an adjustable track bar. I don't think you need both, unless you are going higher.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think i'll be going higher(anytime soon anyways). Already have the pitman arm on so i doubt i could return it.

So you're saying you would've just done an adjustable track bar and leave it be? Wish i hadn't have already put the pitman arm on now...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need a pitman arm on a 4". A 4" and 6" use the same pitman arm, though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe i do also because the drag link was at a pretty steep angle with out the drop pitman arm. I ended up finding a drop track bar bracket that actually comes with extended sway bar links so i should be set now.

squeak12-Is your truck lifted 4 or 6"? What track bar/pitman arm set up do you have? Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
A 4" lift shouldnt "need" a drop pitman arm. Also with that size lift most use either an adjustable track bar or a track bar drop bracket. Both compensate for the length. Depending on the manufacturer, the adjustable track bar may be too long if used with the drop bracket on a 4" lift.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, so basically i'll need one or the other. Looks like i'll have both so i'll probably use the stock track bar with the drop bracket, if ya'll think that'll be close enough. I guess i'll just keep the adj track bar incase i want to go higher in the future.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a 4". I had 6.5" and didn't swap the pitman arm over when lowering it since they were the same. The pitman arm is whatever comes with a ProComp lift.

As far as the track bar, I have the drop bracket supplied with the kit not a adjustable bar.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
To be sure..leave the top end of the track bar off..drive 20' back then forward to allow the axle to center..check by measureing. Then see if the track bar will go in the top mount bolted without having to shift the axle over. If not you need to try the adj track bar..some will adjust correctly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys i'll see how close it is with the drop bracket and factory track bar, if i have to do a lot of work to try to get it on i'll put the adjustable on and center the axle accordingly. Thanks for all the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts