Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good source for quality ones?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
How much of a drop are you looking for Tom?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to source it for a few different heights. Me personally either a two or three inch one.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 4-6 drop that i got from brad...I had to to go to the Skyjacker extreme drop when i decided to go with more lift...

PM me if your interested...

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Tom, there is not any quality difference. And no need for one with a RSK. I have stock pitman arms in both my crew cabs

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
X2... and you won't find a 1-2"

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
X2... and you won't find a 1-2"
What is the lowest size they come in 3"? Cary are you saying you think one is not needed with an RSK? I was not sure what part you were X2. Brad I had remembered your thoughts on being OK without the drop pitman arm.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Both my trucks are fine with out drop pitman arm. By fine i dont mean tolerable, i mean fine.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Stock piece on mine and works great. Mind you haven't tried a drop one either.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Glad to see this as Black Friday to me is a day that the wife won't interupt me while working on the truck! So I'm finally going to install my Sky 5" RSK and rear add-a-leaf that I've had for almost 2 years waiting for install.

That being said does anyone have the 5" kit with the stock pitman arm? I'm worried that I will need a drop arm, or a stabilizer. I already have longer shocks and brake lines to go on. I'm very worried that I'm going to need the drop arm and an adjustable drag link. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
998 Posts
YUP, and no bump steer
Mine aren't parallel. Close, but no cigar. The 3" drop bracket that came the the Sky kit is too much. Tom's request for a 2" drop arm is what I might need, too.

The discussion about steering boxes and the reduction in clunks and bumpsteer when a totally wornout box gives me hope that my Redhead box will cure all or most of that.

Rusty

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Glad to see this as Black Friday to me is a day that the wife won't interupt me while working on the truck! So I'm finally going to install my Sky 5" RSK and rear add-a-leaf that I've had for almost 2 years waiting for install.

That being said does anyone have the 5" kit with the stock pitman arm? I'm worried that I will need a drop arm, or a stabilizer. I already have longer shocks and brake lines to go on. I'm very worried that I'm going to need the drop arm and an adjustable drag link. Any thoughts?
You are going to need a drop pitman arm(the 4-6" one) and a adjustable track bar would be a good idea too(along with the drop bracket)

Mine aren't parallel. Close, but no cigar. The 3" drop bracket that came the the Sky kit is too much. Tom's request for a 2" drop arm is what I might need, too.

Rusty
I didn't use any drop bracket for my track bar or a drop pitman arm. I just used an adjustable track bar from Sky. I did this in both my crewcabs with out any issues

·
Registered
998 Posts
Brad,

I have the same setup and still not parallel. Do you have SD springs?

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Registered
445 Posts
I put the rsk in mine and I lives it. I drove my other 97 and I do have a noticeable bump steer. Yes the front steering pieces are new and alignment was done

1 - 20 of 27 Posts