Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a kit out there that does the same as a leveling kit but lowers the rear instead of rasing the front. I think it will look good.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So could u just remove the block? I have overloads so would that make them stay on the bumpstop.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
nope it wont change anything as far as your over loads, it will just change the ride hieght, you can take the block out if you want, you wont have a bump stop, but i dont have a bump stop anyway.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, finally something easy to do. Im not worried bout a bump stop. Its pretty hard to bottom out the rear end on one of these.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about that, but i just want to barely drop the back. Drop shackles have alot of drop dont they? Ive never lowered a truck and ill prolly get strung up for it, but i think that the trucks with leveling kits look good. So if i just drop the rear a lil bit, the fender wells will be filled out really good, and be a lil different.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I want to do this, but to a 2002. I hate to derail, but cant I do the same to mine? I want to drop the rear and just run 285's.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to do this, but to a 2002. I hate to derail, but cant I do the same to mine? I want to drop the rear and just run 285's.
The rear end should be the same.
Im gonna run 33x12.50's

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I think that is what Im going to do. And just run either a 285/ 33x12.50 tire.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Remember, you will most likely need to have some u-bolts made. I've been considering removing my block, but I have to figure out how to do it right.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do you mean do it right?

Anytime you loosen the u-bolts you should get new ones anyway...
Good to know. I hope this looks right, i think imll just go put a bulk bag in the back to squat the rear some to see what it looks like

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good, but i want to lower the truck the absolute minimum amount and be level. Its still a farm truck, just tryin to be a lil didfferent

1 - 20 of 35 Posts