Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, got a quick question. I will be replacing my existing drop bracket on my truck tomorrow. I do have a 4" skyjacker kit on there. The drop bracket that was installed with that kit broke and so i have the replacement going to be here tomorrow and I'm hoping its just a simple swap. Is there more to it than that? its just the passenger side drop bracket. I was thinking i will take that wheel off, the secure the truck and take off the bracket, replace and button it all up. Does that sound like a good plan or do you guys have other suggestions?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
yep you got it. support the truck by the frame on that side and remove bolt holding the arm to the mount. You may need a prybar to get the arm loose. Then just unbolt the bracket and replace with the new one. Use GRADE 8 or better bolts on the new bracket. Then just put the arm back and tighten bolt. You should get it aligned as well. Oh you should check the bushing for excessive wear and if so replace the bushing while you have it apart.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir, I have already made an appt for alignment. I just wanted to make sure im in the right thought process on this one. Also, the existing one was welded into place. However those welds have since broke. should i get it rewelded?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That is a personal preference really as to whether or not to have it welded. I never did on my old ttb style trucks but it also wouldn't hurt if it was as long as whoever welded it did it right.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sweet, I dont have a welder so i wont worry about it.. Maybe later.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Loctite is your friend though. Use it accordingly. Blue is fine unless you want to use torches later on then use the red.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should i put it on all the bolts? or just the upper ones?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
All of the bolts that hold the bracket to the cross member.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright man. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
No prob. glad I could help.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long you think it will take to swap out by the way?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined about ten minutes. That is if the old one comes out easy and if the bolt holding the ttb arm in isn't rusted in place. Oh a good way to free that bolt is to loosen the nut up until it is flush with the end of the bolt then smack it with a heavy hammer to drive the bolt out of the bracket and arm.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya i didn't think it was gonna take very long. I'm fixing it at a buddys place cuz i dont have any tools at school here. Sucks quite a bit! Thanks for the tip on that bolt. I will definitely give that a try!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright guys, well here is an update... but first a recap...

I called Skyjacker over a month ago to find out the part number for my broken drop bracket, I said its the passenger side, he said ok we refer to that as the right side. So he gave me that number, i ordered from Jegs because Skyjacker wouldn't sell it directly to me.

Now the update, I now have the wrong part sitting in my room. The idiot at Skyjacker gave me the drivers side part number, not the passenger side. So now its going to cost me 32 dollars to ship this back to Jegs which is money i can't get refunded. And i can only assume it will take another month to get the right part back out here. I am absolutely madder than a hornet.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Alright guys, well here is an update... but first a recap...

I called Skyjacker over a month ago to find out the part number for my broken drop bracket, I said its the passenger side, he said ok we refer to that as the right side. So he gave me that number, i ordered from Jegs because Skyjacker wouldn't sell it directly to me.

Now the update, I now have the wrong part sitting in my room. The idiot at Skyjacker gave me the drivers side part number, not the passenger side. So now its going to cost me 32 dollars to ship this back to Jegs which is money i can't get refunded. And i can only assume it will take another month to get the right part back out here. I am absolutely madder than a hornet.
How much was the axle bracket? 32 bucks sounds like you just grabbed your ankles for shipping:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bracket cost me 115 bucks. But the package weighs like 20lbs. Thats why shipping is so much. Its absolute chit that i am getting screwed like that though all because some dummy at Skyjacker gave me the wrong part number.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Call Skyjacker and explain calmly what happened and see if you can possibly do a swap out for the correct part through them.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Call Skyjacker and explain calmly what happened and see if you can possibly do a swap out for the correct part through them.
I will try that tomorrow, they are closed for today. I will be calm until they tell me that they cannot do that. Thats when i wont be so calm anymore.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Well before you go off your rocker with them, if that doesn't work send me a PM. I may be able to help. I am not sure if my buddy still works there or not. Haven't heard from him in a couple of months so you never know these days.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will do. I will give them a call first thing tomorrow morning, if they wont help me out, I'll shoot you a PM.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts