Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PSN Noob
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm building my own grille out of chrome mesh like the RPB ones and I want to mount two driving lights that I can use for road driving, Probably about 6" Or 7" wide. What would you guys suggest?
Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I want to say DCSpecial, Layson and txpsd all have lights behind their grills. Maybe message them and ask.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Hey guys. I'm building my own grille out of chrome mesh like the RPB ones and I want to mount two driving lights that I can use for road driving, Probably about 6" Or 7" wide. What would you guys suggest?
Thanks!
There is an ebay grille that has two lights mounted in it. Take a look at that. Is that the style you are looking for, the lights mounted into the grille face. I honestly don't like that look. Unless you rock maybe a darker colored grille and pick up a set of the black shaded lights like the hella black magic lights.

For me, going behind the grille looks the best and is the cleanest. Two lights may not look that great if they are 6~7 in diameter. Maybe larger, but then it may be hard to actually fit them back there. I think mine are 6" in diameter. For me I like that concealed look of the (4) lights behind the grille.

I honestly couldn't tell one bit of difference in EGT's or my oil temps with or without the lights. Nor underhood temps while monitoring AE, still the same as ambiant. If that fan comes on it is going to pull the same amount of air through that opening. Even if the opening is smaller, the velocity of the air has to speed up to make up for it. Look at those massive grilles on the newer trucks and think about how many coolers are behind it... LOL

·
PSN Noob
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an ebay grille that has two lights mounted in it. Take a look at that. Is that the style you are looking for, the lights mounted into the grille face. I honestly don't like that look. Unless you rock maybe a darker colored grille and pick up a set of the black shaded lights like the hella black magic lights.

For me, going behind the grille looks the best and is the cleanest. Two lights may not look that great if they are 6~7 in diameter. Maybe larger, but then it may be hard to actually fit them back there. I think mine are 6" in diameter. For me I like that concealed look of the (4) lights behind the grille.

I honestly couldn't tell one bit of difference in EGT's or my oil temps with or without the lights. Nor underhood temps while monitoring AE, still the same as ambiant. If that fan comes on it is going to pull the same amount of air through that opening. Even if the opening is smaller, the velocity of the air has to speed up to make up for it. Look at those massive grilles on the newer trucks and think about how many coolers are behind it... LOL
What I was planning on was a black shell with chrome (Or chrome colored, lol) mesh. The Black magics would look great in there! But I think you're right about 6" being too small. What kind of size would you think to use? I'd like to keep a Ford emblem on there as well. I like how big the new emblems are but the bigger the emblem is, the bigger your lights will have to be to keep that proportionate look.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lightforce 240's, mounted to panel with stock grill cut to fit. Never warm enough to worry about blocking radiator here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts