Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a little shudder for about a second when I take off hard.....it has been suggested that it's my driveshaft...so I am gonna take it over to a driveline place I know to have it checked.....heres my question.....I saw another F250/350 a month or two back that had an absolutly MASSIVE driveshaft....as I recall it was allumininum.....it was pretty cool....figure If I end up replacing mine...might want to look into one of those....anybody have info on them?

Chris

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Was it a one piece or a two piece?

I run a custom rear driveshaft on my truck, it's a 2 piece still with a CV after the carrier bearing and I run a tapered block to get the proper pinion angle for zero vibs at any speed. I got it built by Jesse at High Angle Drivelines in CA.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
So I get a little shudder for about a second when I take off hard.....it has been suggested that it's my driveshaft...so I am gonna take it over to a driveline place I know to have it checked.....heres my question.....I saw another F250/350 a month or two back that had an absolutly MASSIVE driveshaft....as I recall it was allumininum.....it was pretty cool....figure If I end up replacing mine...might want to look into one of those....anybody have info on them?

Chris
did you shim your carrier? if not thats probaly it. i believe the recommended shim is 1/4" per every inch of lift. i would recommend shimming it 2" and then checking the angle visually, then driving it, you may need to remove some or add some. its reall a basic job, just go to 4 wheel parts and get the shims. maybe get a 1" shim and the rest 1/4" shims.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
could be TC chatter too.
big ol 38's hurt even w the gears..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have a one piece drive shaft built by huntsville driveshaft in Alabama. no more vibration

1 - 5 of 5 Posts