Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the AE forum but have not gotten any responses yet. I first noticed the problem before I got AE. The airbag light would flash sequences and then stay illuminated. I looked up the error and found driverside airbag open circuit/high resistance. Once I got my AE (about 2 weeks later) it confirmed the same error. Has anybody had experience with this code and what to do to correct the problem?

Thanks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Yipes
I never delt with it but i have seen plenty of warnings about Not using a test light on the air bag circut it can set it off...multi meter onlyi am thinking... Also be prepared for it to self deploy..ie keep your face away from ground zero when snooping.

I do know that the air bags dont even deploy half the time under ideal circumstances.
I have senn a couple of flips, through and over guard rails and no deployment....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yipes
I never delt with it but i have seen plenty of warnings about Not using a test light on the air bag circut it can set it off...multi meter onlyi am thinking... Also be prepared for it to self deploy..ie keep your face away from ground zero when snooping.

I do know that the air bags dont even deploy half the time under ideal circumstances.
I have senn a couple of flips, through and over guard rails and no deployment....
Thanks for the input. I probably wont mess with it unless someone chimes in with some solid info pinpointing the problem. I dont want it blowing up in my face. I thought I had read before about clock spings throwing air bag codes so I was really hoping it was that or some other fix I could do myself instead of going to the stealer (always my last resort).

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There is another post on here about a horn and cruse not working..was the clock spring
Ask those guys what was involved...not trying to scare you just warn the not so obvious.
Stealer is my last resort.

Does google mention anything on that error, dennis or any ae vendor know what it means
He says with.shrugging shoulders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts