Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,decided to fix that leak which developed last year.should i take apart uppipe to take off this fitting ? also where do i buy gasket?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
No gasket it’s 1/8” pipe thread. To tighten you’ll have to undo the up pipes as I don’t think you’ll have clearance. This means you probably have to pull the turbo, if I’m not mistaken, the collector and up pipe are in the way, (to rotate fitting 360 degrees) I’d first spray all bolts downs with Movit anti seize and do it over a few heat cycles to aid in getting bolts loose. This is a significant job and I don’t relish what you have ahead of you. Would be a good time to reseal the up pipe doughnuts while you have it apart. Give yourself lots of time, pulling turbo can be a royal pain in the butt, and get a turbo rebuild kit from Riffraff Diesel (while your there)....

Are you sure it’s the fuel fitting that’s leaking and not the high pressure oil rail plug in the end of the head. It’s the large plug that faces the firewall. I’d degrease the area really well first to ensure that fitting is leaking and it’s not the HP oil rail plug...

I’d also invest in a topside creaper well worth the money.
j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts