Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am getting a shudder or vibration when i get into it when the converter is locked. My carrier bearing is brand new and u joints look real good. Any suggestions?

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
didi you lose a drivline weight mine has a little 1" by 1" tab on it towards the front of the rear shaft iirc

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My truck does it too, only does it with X street and race, might be normal...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I would look into traction bars, I'm betting your getting some axle wrap. I am pretty sure that is my problem right now.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Probably axle wrap. Do you have traction bars?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No traction bars... but i think kbnord may be on the right track... it does it with or without any tuning. But it started recently and i have not changed my setup. It feels like its a trans issue or driveline problem

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Hmm, sounds just like my transmission issues in the morning, then once warm, it disappears.

This feels different than your "bad solenoids?"

This is what mine feels like taking off in the morning, it shudders hard and feels like the TC is locking and unlocking, then locking and unlocking... over and over until it gets warmed up.....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I don't think a bad solenoid could do it. Mike have you checked your u joints and carrier bearing?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Ya I don't think a bad solenoid could do it. Mike have you checked your u joints and carrier bearing?
Nope. It goes away once the motor and transmission are fully warmed up. The transmission still shifts WAY early in the RPM range under full throttle, but the skipping and bucking go away. It happens at any speed as well, doesn't matter now, it will do it in first gear now its so bad, used to be it only did it in OD going up hills.

Just FYI, my truck only has 52k miles on it. Almost ALL highway driving.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i know this thread is old but im having the same problems. did you get yours figured out. i know you have got a new 6.4 since then but any help is appreciated

·
Registered
861 Posts
mine shuttered alot and i thought it was a driveline problem but when it was all said and done i threw a rod through #6.seemed like it was out of blance and was just shaking at certain rpm.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
o well hell that aint any better. thanks. idk of anything to prevent it. other then to unload it on someone else. i know thats not right. but i could just unload it on the dealer and let them deal with it

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Sometimes the shudder is being made through your injectors because of you ipr.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
okay i changed the fuel filters out about a week ago and it seemed to help. some

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
does it do it all the time or only in 3rd and 4th gear?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a shudder in first gear when I get to 2,000 rpm. This is because my carrier baring is too high so I will have to add spacers to drop it down. I haven't done it yet, no time.

The drop will be at the very most half an inch.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
it does it in od when the tc is locked and i will get on it a little bit. it does it wether in stock or performance or extreme mode.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
mine does the same thing in a hard takeoff. i'm wondering what it is myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts