Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very bad shudder in my driveline till 30 mph when towing heavy, what would be my best be, Traction bars, or Air bags. if i get the traction bars they with be PMF's and the bags will be the firestone ride rites

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have the same problem when towing heavy, I'm curious what people say. Bump

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
955 Posts
Details would be helpful....are you lifted?? When does it occur...constant, (during any/hard acceleration, no acceleration, slowing down)?? When taking off from a stop, after shifts, all of the above)? Are you running the 210 Tow tune?

I am not an expert on suspension, but details may help.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tuned or stock dosnt matter, only when im acclerating from a stop to about 30 mph it has a shudder, 1/8 throttle to wide open the shudder never seems to get worse. Stock F350 hight and its a single wheel.

·
Registered
955 Posts
tuned or stock dosnt matter, only when im acclerating from a stop to about 30 mph it has a shudder, 1/8 throttle to wide open the shudder never seems to get worse. Stock F350 hight and its a single wheel.
So this is basically constant from 0 to 30 and doesn't vary (such as being worse when you first take off or during a shift)? Traction bars help if your problem is axle wrap. Usually axle wrap will occur either when you first take off, during a change in the rate in the rate of accleration, or during a shift (especially if you have shifts on a tow tune) but it wont stay constant during acceleration from 0 to 30. The driveshaft stock is usually at a slight angle to the rear end which is why your block on the rear end has a slight taper but since you are at factory height I don't think we could blame it on a driveline angle problem.

What weight are you towing? Is it a goosneck or 5th wheel? Any possibility it is your TC?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
U joints either binding up or going out. I would do traction bars

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
carrier barring is the problem, still putting bars and bags on it. and i tow heavy about gross out sometimes near 32,000. but i mostly haul hay which total load not including trailer and truck is around 22,xxx lbs I knwo before anyone says im working it to hard. i know i am so no need to tell me that.

·
Registered
955 Posts
carrier barring is the problem, still putting bars and bags on it. and i tow heavy about gross out sometimes near 32,000. but i mostly haul hay which total load not including trailer and truck is around 22,xxx lbs I knwo before anyone says im working it to hard. i know i am so no need to tell me that.
Holy sh#t dude!!!!!! Now that is getting it done. Definitely think bags and bars would be a good idea!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I love seeing pics of our trucks towing heavy. If you have any, would you mind posting it?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol depends on the size of the bales, 5x6 i haul 15. 5x5 i haul 17 or 18 just depends if i put 2 on the neck or not. silage bales i only haul 10 because they are very heavy lol. ill try and post some pics if i can get them to load.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Wow we haul 17 5x5.5 on our 450 or most of the time use our western hauler package peterbuilt. No way would I hook it to my truck lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, we load um heavy around here. and honestly if i had a bigger trailer i would prolly put more on it haha. i need a bigger truck a 450 would be nice because of the bigger brakes.or at least a manual so i could drop gears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts