Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get a new drive shaft. I have narrowed it down to two options. 1. A two-piece CV shaft from High Angle Driveline. 2. A one-piece 5 inch diameter aluminum shaft from CCI Ford Super Duty Monster 5 Aluminum Drive Shaft Upgrade - CCIDriveline.com and eliminate the carrier bearing. The truck is a crewcab shortbed with 5.5 inches of lift, but I may go to 7 inches later. Anybody have any experience with either shaft?

·
Registered
176 Posts
not with buying a new shaft . but when i put a 10in lift on my truck it would vibrate bad at high speeds. so i took a angle finder an made sure that the angle of the shaft coming out the trans was the same as the angle going to the rear end. by placing a spacer under the u joint in the center of the 2 piece stock shaft./ to drop it down a little! an my vibration went away! hope this helps!

·
Registered
701 Posts
No experience.... But I really like the looks and idea of a solid 1-piece drive shaft. I would like to replace mine with a one piece, some day.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would go with the one-piece. Looks better and you don't have to deal with shimming the carrier bearing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts