Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banning Smut
19,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys keep the families involved in your prayers. I talked with a buddy of mine who was on the platform 4 hours before the explosion. He explained to me how the explosion occured and what basically took place. Cant believe a 600+ million dollar rig and probably some workers are lost in 5000' of water. He lost 2 of his good friends. Hes pretty shaken up.

FOXNews.com - Hope Dims for 11 Workers Missing After Oil Rig Blast

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Very sad. It is crazy here in New Orleans right now. Thoughts and prayers are sent for the families of everybody involved.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Been keeping up with this story and all I can say is that me heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones.

It really sucks. :(

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
MrJohnWayne (rarely signs on here) is a offshore worker. I haven't been able to get in touch with him, but I'm 99% sure he wasn't on that rig.

A couple of weeks ago, it looked like he was heading to Guiana to pick up and move a semi submersible rig to the Gulf.

I hope those plans went through and he wasn't one on the rig that exploded.

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
MrJohnWayne (rarely signs on here) is a offshore worker. I haven't been able to get in touch with him, but I'm 99% sure he wasn't on that rig.

A couple of weeks ago, it looked like he was heading to Guiana to pick up and move a semi submersible rig to the Gulf.

I hope those plans went through and he wasn't one on the rig that exploded.
:whs:

Crazy and just sad. :(

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Kinda scarry ! I used to go offshore and rig up equipment for Swaco later 80's - early 90's ! Sad indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts