Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just loaded my Raped Ape tune Drew wrote me my truck is not studded mods are in my sig but he wrote me one for studded :poke: I asked him to all I can say is wow my truck runs so smooth avg of 18-19 mpg @ 60mph on 35s no light switch affect shift points are awesome for a race tune from top to bottom this truck rips and just a little more smoke then my sct canned performance
Tune I love this tune we will see how long my stock bolts last hope this helps any body who was thinking about calling Drew do it!!! Thanks Drew

·
JGman141
859 Posts
The raped ape an amazing tune

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's one hell of a tune to run with stock head bolts lol
Ya but guys blow up with stock power so I think it will be fine if not studs turbo and injectors or just might get a 6.7 but only time will tell how it goes

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Ya but guys blow up with stock power so I think it will be fine if not studs turbo and injectors or just might get a 6.7 but only time will tell how it goes
Keep your truck, enjoy it and maintain it. Be prepared to stud it in the future, but enjoy it for the time being. If working on a 6.7 is anything like a 6.4 I would take the 6.0 any day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya they have no room to work under the hood

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Glad you like the tune....

With that said, anyone up for guesses how long those HG's last before he's blowing coolant everywhere? :poke:

I'll say 2weeks...

Not picking on ya brother....but like it was mentioned already, that's a hell of a tune to be running daily on stock bolts. Maybe you'll get lucky and she will hold together a while. You know what can happen, so at least you are prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
25 Posts
those head bolts won't last long. Better get some ARP's in her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of the 5 6.0 i have had only one was studded and i run hot tunes always have..the thing i have noticed as long as you dont fire it up in the morning pull out of your driveway and hold it to the floor....you are ok the secret to these trucks are letting them come all the way up to operating temperature...and then you can act like a kid in a candy store....i have an 2005 f250 6 inch lift 35's 18 inch rims 66mm mad max turbo 5 inch exhaust cold air intake 6.4 banjo bolts egr delete coolant filtration sysytem air dog fuel system and stock head bolts and drive it everyday....just be easy at first just my advice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is this tune still the tits? Or are better been made in the past year? Still sell it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you like that 5" diamond eye exhaust? I'm REALLY considering snagging one. How loud is it? Is the tone deep?

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
5" is honestly pointless. I have one....only difference between it and a 4" is tone. 5" is "slightly" deeper....not deep enough to justify the price difference in my opinion. I've had both a 4" and a 5"....5" drones MUCH more in the cab, which for me gets obnoxious and annoying while towing. 4" is plenty big.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone how can I get hold of Drew to get me a tune for my 03 excursion 6.0 4x4 6 inch lift and 35s completely stock other than the lift I am new on this and i want little more response on the throttle and power thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts