Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were doing a class project at the university i go to and were pouring a concrete pad. The pad is for two grain bins and it will be a 22ftx22ft. There is a gutter down spout that comes out and will run through the dead center of the pad. Thats ok just run the drain pipe through the pad. The problem is when it gets past the pad and runs on out into the parking lot where its gravel and heavy farm machinery will be traveling we need something solid so it it is not crushed. We cant just bury the pipe deeper cause were working on completely flat ground and a 30ft s40 steal pipe cost $450 dolars and we are working with a tight budget. Any ideas of a cheaper material piping?

·
Registered
145 Posts
put maybe 4inch PVC into the mix before its cured. set the pipe up with the appropriate elbows to get from the center to the side of the pad. then a bed of inch stones to slow the water down before it his the lawn

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the pipe in the pad isn't the problem. Its when it gets to the end of the pad and goes on out into the parking lot. Theres nothing to protect it from the weight and gravel damaging it and the pvc wont hold up to all that. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

·
Registered
145 Posts
4" Schedule 40 will be fine. its used in pressurised leaching fields and other such things.

i just reread your post. since you dont have the room to put a pitch in the pipe. i would suggest making a "french drain" its easy enough. if you dont know what it is ill explain more

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
schedule 40 or schedule 80 pvc will hold up, ive got it burried all over my farm and it hasnt crushed yet under the combine or semi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts