Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I just went out last weekend for the first time and feel i got some pretty good times... best time was 14.2 @ 92 (mods are in my sig) 60ft times were all around 1.8-1.9 .
The thing is if i tried to launch at anything over 12psi I would get a lot of front end hop. Ive heard a lot of guys talkin about strapping the front end down but cant find anything on how to correctly do it. any ideas on strapping it down or anything else would be great, thanks guys

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
When I had my 04 I always launched at 1900rpm with no hop on 35s. I ran a 13.9 with intake, exhaust and a tune from Eric. I don't know how fast you think it can go but with your lift and tire combo I'd say your 14.2 is pretty good!

As far as strapping the front down, if you wanna try that just take a heavy ratchet strap over the frame and around the axle tube and crank it as hard as you can.

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
If you want, Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro MD is doing their diesel drags this weekend. Test and tune on Saturday and racing on Sunday if you wanna give it another go.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id be nice to go but i have drill this weekend for national guard

·
Registered
387 Posts
what psi in tires did you run? straps can help... but that is pretty darn good for the lift and tires... what gears you got too

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was probably around 60psi, ive heard dropping down to 35 or 40 can help but thats not much air in those big tires, and i dont wanna blow one at speed......i have stock 3.73 gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts