Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I started to jump into the lift kit for my 2001 F350 DRW. The kits a DR/Icon 4.5 hanger kit with brand new X springs in the front and 6 inch Icon fabricated lift blocks in the rear. This should net about 5.5-6" in the front and level it all out.

I ordered the 17" rear dually U bolts as the company I ordered the 6" blocks and U bolts from recommended. Now upon install they are NOT long enough to use the factory overloads (top leaf/plate)? Is this normal? I really wanted to run the overloads since I tow and was told these are the U bolts for me. I need another inch or 2" and I could make it work.

I dont see longer U bolts on Icons site or any of their supporting vendors. I will double check the part number on the U bolt box but I know for a fact the box dimensions were 18 long. Do other companies make these bolts or will I have to get them custom made?

Thanks for any advice... the rear lift is ON, front will be tomorrow when its nice and sunny out =-)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered my own question......... I should I have looked but I couldnt find the box in the mess of the garage. They sent me 3-7023 (15") NOT what I ordered which was 3-7022 (17") looks like someones getting a call monday 1st thing

Thanks all

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
just in case they dont fix it for you(wich im sure they will) any local spring shop can bend up new u bolts for you and they are usually cheap...i had some made for my 97 a couple years ago and for 4 of them 20 inches long was about $50

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will be calling the vendor tomorrow as it was an error on their part. Depending on what they say that they will do will determine the route I take.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In case you run into any problems like stated before, or others reading this thread in the future, Napa Auto Parts sells them. They don't keep them in stock and take a few days but it's another option.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We can get custom U bolts made and shiped in 24hrs!
PM if we can help.

Cary

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I called the company this morning and they told me they'd have new ones sent out to me today. Just hope they get them out fast so I can get this finished up the right way one and for all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts