Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2000 7.3L with a TS Performance 6 position chip on it...Ive been looking at the dp tuners and was wondering if it was worth buying and getting rid of what ive got?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think I would keep what I had if I were you. If there are some tunes you dont like that are on there go to one of the vendors here that do TS reburns for some custom tunes. That would be the best choice for the $ !

DI,Swamps,Gearhead,Beans,TW,Power Hungry are a few that I can think of that do reburns

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
Ive got a 2000 7.3L with a TS Performance 6 position chip on it...Ive been looking at the dp tuners and was wondering if it was worth buying and getting rid of what ive got?
Exactly what everyone else said. Unless 6 positions aren't enough for you, there's no reason to sell your current 6 pos. Especially when where are awesome tuners out there that can reburn the chip for you.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Way cheaper to reburn last time I checked.
If you want to be real sporty buy a burner and get tunes from diff tuners.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I have thought about a burner so i dont have to sent my chip off to Matt every time i want to change something but as of now he cant email tunes like that.

There are only a few of them that can. I know as soon as he can that is what I will be doing.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Orezona, what did the burner set you back?

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
I have thought about a burner so i dont have to sent my chip off to Matt every time i want to change something but as of now he cant email tunes like that.

There are only a few of them that can. I know as soon as he can that is what I will be doing.
I plan on doing the same once he is able to send them. mail just takes to long and overnighting is way to expensive. I heard that you can get burners for like 250 so figure it would pay for itself after a couple of uses.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
thats who makes the chip for Jody i believe......soooooo the question is if we buy a burner will jody send email files for the F5 and we can burn them ourselves????like what PHP does..
No, their burners are not mated to the F5. The F5 was made specifically for DP-Tuner. This why the F5 is not listed on their website.

You can buy their F3 chip the burn1 and the tunerpro tuning software and start tuning today. All you need are the Ford definitions. Moates makes their own products and they also make products for other companies. They are a hardware manufacture. Honda, chevy, and ford.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
thats who makes the chip for Jody i believe......soooooo the question is if we buy a burner will jody send email files for the F5 and we can burn them ourselves????like what PHP does..
If you are racing and things are constantly on the move, it makes sense to buy your own burner and DIY. Savings on downtime and labor. However, if you are buying a burner just to have one, what good is it? I mean, if you use it once ever year, why bother buying a piece of hardware that gathers dust? Why would I buy a ring and pinion setup kit if I change gears once every 5 years due to breakage? Just another piece of equipment hanging around that I paid for. Again, if I were in a race team, I'd want to have it on hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.