Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
i eat headgaskets
42 Posts
Hey Justin,

See you've moved from the Duramax world to the Powerstroke world!

I had a DPF-R on my rig, they do exactly as advertised. The only drawback is you need to keep all sensors hooked up in the test pipe, otherwise the truck will go into high idle all the time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep. It works very well. Simple and to the point. You can go with the simple Tachyon which is just stock power but delete for the dpf and egr or the Tachyon Plus which gives you 5 power settings. Power level one is lower power then oem, 2 is oem, 3 is 70hp over (also their economy program) and 4 & 5 are unknown at this time. Most suggest they are 150 and 200 over but they haven't dyno'ed it yet. You will need a pipe and as said all sensors must be moved over. If you decide to do the egr delete you can unplug the egr valve and throttle plate but must put two resistors in the throttle plate connected. You need to short pins 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 with a 1 kilo ohm 1 watt resistors. If you don't you will get a throttle plate code. Theory is the dpf-r does not really delete anything or turn it off, just tells the truck everything is working fine and there is no need to regen... How ever it works, it works. Plug in the OBD2 dongle, program it and just put the dongle some place safe. I have an edge insight, i always suggest a set of digital gauges either the insight or Scan Gauge 2. They play an important roll in keeping an eye on the truck plus gives you the ability to read and clear codes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Justin,

See you've moved from the Duramax world to the Powerstroke world!

I had a DPF-R on my rig, they do exactly as advertised. The only drawback is you need to keep all sensors hooked up in the test pipe, otherwise the truck will go into high idle all the time.
Ya I got a powerstroke wanted to try something different. Thanks for the info

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts