Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I were to just delete the DPF would I need any electronic gizmos to make the truck run right?

·
Registered
750 Posts
To delete the DPF you need a tuner to turn off the regen. If you delete the DPF you might as well do the DOC also, it makes it easier to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOC? So a tuner catches thae codes and turns off the cleaning cycles b/c there is nothing to clean. So what is the DOC?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see a reason to remove the cat. The Cat is about the only modern emissions equipment I agree with. DOC? why not just call it the cat? I'm guessing going 5" all the way would kind of cause a bottle neck.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't see a reason to remove the cat. The Cat is about the only modern emissions equipment I agree with. DOC? why not just call it the cat? I'm guessing going 5" all the way would kind of cause a bottle neck.
5 inch turbo back is about the perfect set up for this truck, i would deffinetly suggest deleting the cat. i thought the same way as you and just did the dpf and immeditly regretted it i finally did the doc/dpf delete. with out the regen the cat can clog with a tuner plus its just that much more of a restriction. even if you aren't that interested in power i would still get a tuner instead of just the dpf fooler module. the edge evo or cts are both really good tuners and i would recomend them if you are not looking for big power. they still give a ton of power compared to stock and they are good tuners. you gotta give the trans time to learn in stage 3 and 4 but in stage 1 i pull 18000 lbs and havent had a problem. you can still outrun most the rides you see runnin around when you got it cranked up and you can black out half the street if your into that. any q's on the edge please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take a look at this, we have installed quite a few without an issue.

DPF-R V4.0 DPF Delete Kits
Wait, that's a module for $629, that just makes sure I don't regen or get check engine lights? I guess I will be getting a modest tuner then also.

I'm not really wanting to dog the truck at all but rolling coal just looks like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If that is what it cost that's what it does. But you get a pipe and an electronic solution to the nanny, correct? Spend a few hundred more and you get tunes ?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If that is what it cost that's what it does. But you get a pipe and an electronic solution to the nanny, correct? Spend a few hundred more and you get tunes ?
the cheapest your gonna find tunes is probly gonna be around 1000+.
i have heard of alot of people that dont like the dpf-r and i know there are some that do but im sure you would be happier with tunes.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
performancetruckproducts.com

dpfdeletekits.com

are just a couple of the vendors that can give you real good deals on what you need and are very helpful if you have any questions...they are vendors on this site and their info can be found here Power Stroke Nation Vendors - Powerstroke Nation along with many other vendors.
good luck:ford:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I used to run an old style dpf-r kit and it was junk!! My truck would still regen a little, making it blow white smoke and spuder. They may have fixed that problem now, but i would still go with a tuner. You will be way better off!!!

·
PSN
2 Posts
trying to understand the regen process, if you delete the dpf and cat but leave the sensors in place why would it go into regen. is it not based on when the sensors see a restriction due to soot build up. if there is no restriction would not the sensors always see that it is clean of soot and there fore never go into regen. just thinking of hollowing out a DPF.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If you delete the DPF and don't run a tuner than I believe the truck will always be in regen.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Rudy's performance has some awesome deals talk to Aaron there!!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
trying to understand the regen process, if you delete the dpf and cat but leave the sensors in place why would it go into regen. is it not based on when the sensors see a restriction due to soot build up. if there is no restriction would not the sensors always see that it is clean of soot and there fore never go into regen. just thinking of hollowing out a DPF.
just the way the sensors work it will throw a couple computer codes too. and from what i understand if you take off the dpf even with the sensors it will start and go into regen but once you turn it off it wont start again untill either you tune it and clear all the dtc's or put it back to stock and get it cleared. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts