Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
East Coast
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I want to do a DPF delete. I hate when it goes into regen mode, I get terrible milage. The truck is 2012 6.7, engine is all stock except for an Edge insight monitor.

My questions is, if I do a full exhaust system, what kind of tuning will I need to do in order to not have the truck throw any codes? Also, can my Edge insight do that tuning for me? I am not looking to put a power tune on the truck, but want a little more sound and a little more MPGs.

I looked on this site and a few others, and couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Edge Insight Monitor doesn't have any tuning capabilities.

You will need either a Spartan or H&S tuner to allow you to delete.

The best mileage gains can be realized with higher horsepower tunes, IF you don't hot rod.

I deleted & Spartan tuned the five 6.4 PowerStrokes that I owned. My best mileage gains in the City, Towing and on the Highway were all with their 250 tune.

I'll be deleting my 2013 6.7 with the H&S Mini-Maxx in a few days. Only H&S offers tuning (DPF-On) for the 2013-2014 models, so I'm going that route instead of Spartan. In order to delete, you have to contact a vendor (not H&S) who has enabled the DPF-Off capabilities.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since I ordered my truck and I am going to be under full warranty I plan on leaving everything on. I spoke with Innovative Diesel and they said they got the best fuel mileage with their DPF On tuning vs their DPF off tuning that they do not sell to the public. I am going to go that route and use an SCT Livewire TS. This is just an idea if you are concerned with warranty.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Anyone who says they get better mpg with dpf ON is full of it. It's impossible. When your truck is dumping fuel to burn of particles how would they get better mpg than with that dumping erased? It makes no scence. That's like saying you'll lose weight if you eat one cheese burger a day vs not eating any.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I gained 1.5.-2 mpg deleting. I left power setting to stock. I picked up a H&S and found a guy to unlock the deletes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts