Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
there are a couple dealers that ive heard of that are mod friendly...i cant remember what state those were in.
for the most part, no. alot of people put the DPF back on to take it to the dealer but dont be surprised if they deny because there are small ways of them knowing, and checking for tuners is not one of them

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are a couple dealers that ive heard of that are mod friendly...i cant remember what state those were in.
for the most part, no. alot of people put the DPF back on to take it to the dealer but dont be surprised if they deny because there are small ways of them knowing, and checking for tuners is not one of them

THAT would make a GREAT Sticky!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It all depends on the dealer, really. If you call ahead of time and let them know what you have etc, you can usually find a guy that is willing to work with you.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
It all depends on the dealer, really. If you call ahead of time and let them know what you have etc, you can usually find a guy that is willing to work with you.

thats very true, i know of 2 guys here that would warranty work but i would have to return it back to stock for them to do work...just incase they have the main guys walking by and checking stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of a job is it... I dont know crap about these things, and have been purposely lazy as not to f'up a 60K truck... is it something easy with air tools... or do I need a 'shop'; lift, bla bla... if its something I can swap w/ air tools in the driveway... Im good to go ;)

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
what kind of a job is it... I dont know crap about these things, and have been purposely lazy as not to f'up a 60K truck... is it something easy with air tools... or do I need a 'shop'; lift, bla bla... if its something I can swap w/ air tools in the driveway... Im good to go ;)

sh!t, you can do it with hand tools, hahaha!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW... just you tubbed it... Im doomed. :eek:

Thats it:mad::mad::mad::mad:... damn, damn, damnitty damn damN!!!

Dealer search begins...

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's not too hard to find a mod friendly dealer. If you have a catastrophic failure it may be a challenge, but I'd say if when you bring it in it's all returned to stock, AND you are running a Spartan tuner you'll be safe. Just feel out your service dept and service manager. You'll be able to tell if they're tattle tales or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts