Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ford F-250 (6.7L Powerstroke) and want to delete the DPF System but worried about my warranty. I have read that once you tune the truck that it leaves a mark on the ECM. My question is if I bought another ECM and had it flashed to the identical one in the truck now can I just remove the current stock one and use the extra one for the tune? If I ever need warranty work just switch the ECM and bolt the DPF System back on. Would that work??

New to diesels, first one!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too have wondered the same thing. Sure wish someone "in the know" would chime in here...

·
Registered
78 Posts
ALL tuners leave a mark (tattle tale) on the truck's ECM. They also leave a mark on the TCM (transmission control module).

You'd have to have spares of both, in order to retain your factory warranty, if Ford will even sell them to you. I'm sure if you go into a Ford Dealership to buy a spare ECM & TCM for a 2013 Powerstroke, it's going to throw up a Red Flag. If you can buy them, I'd guess that they'll cost you at least $3,500.00, but probably much more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If your worried about warranty like I am, try running a non deleted tune. They are a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You run the risk of losing your power-train warranty if you use ANY tuner, not just the delete type.

If a device is installed on your truck that changes the operating parameters of the truck's drive-train (increased fuel rail pressure, changes in timing, shift points in the transmission, etc.) AND a component within the drive-train fails, Ford has the right to void your warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts