Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys I wanna get some nice deep tone with my 6.4. i have a 3 1/2 doc/ dpf delete ( kinda regret getting the 3 1/2) but i was wondering about getting the 5inch w/o a muffler to get a deeper tone. i saw one on ebay... mbrp 5" also i live in IL and was thinking how long would a aluminized exhaust last or should i bump up to a stainless steel...?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I just put 5" from down pipe back it sounds awesome!!!! It sounds even better with the S&B intake installed know too!!!

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
Go with 304 SS. Youll be sorry with anything less. The winters in your state are hard on truck parts.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Where u guys from i am in Decatur IL I am gonna do 5" 304 ss not sure about the muffler yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i left the stock little muffler on with the stock tail pipe. The reason for is to look stock and i like to keep the rushing sound down. But when beating on it still sounds like a diesel should.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If you want a deep tone, definitely go with 5". They sound deeper than the 4" kits do. Throw a 6" tip on it and you will have a nice looking kit. Let me know if theres anything I can help with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.