Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my chip installed today and it's great! My truck has plenty of power! I want to thank James from DP Tuner and some of the people on here for helping me with my questions I had about it. I want to thank my dad too. Us two installed it. Anyway I have one last question for you guys. Should I being worried about my stock turbo messing up from the high boost? The truck only has 130,000mi and the tunes I have are Stock, 40T, 60T, 80E, and 100P.
Thanks. :ford:

·
Registered
189 Posts
66POWERSTROKE73

Glad you are happy. You should be fine especially if you still have the wastegate hooked up. If you plug off the wastegate line you will go past the factory 23-25 psi and as countryboyrob stated, if you are not pushing it hard to and beyond 30 psi all the time you should be fine.

James

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
66POWERSTROKE73

Glad you are happy. You should be fine especially if you still have the wastegate hooked up. If you plug off the wastegate line you will go past the factory 23-25 psi and as countryboyrob stated, if you are not pushing it hard to and beyond 30 psi all the time you should be fine.

James
umm the obs trucks didnt have a wastegate.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
66POWERSTROKE73

James
James, get your own User name!:doh:LOL

No gates on the REAL Ford trucks.;)

To the OP, looks like you have a Cali 97, so you could go over 30psi. But you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I linked him to the post via my iphone. He's very busy so its my guess is he didn't realize it was in the OBS section. I know for fact he knows the OBS doesn't have a wastegate. :ford:

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I haven't replied but Yes it is a Cali truck it says on the top right hand corner. lol
but ok thank you guys for your help on that.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Sorry I haven't replied but Yes it is a Cali truck it says on the top right hand corner. lol
but ok thank you guys for your help on that.
just cause your location says cali doesnt mean its a cali truck.

could have been a 49 state truck that was brought in, but I dont know if the obs trucks are exempt from the emission testing cause of their age.

·
Built not Bought
529 Posts
From my understanding the OBS trucks are exempt from emission's testing
this might be different though in Cali due to their stricter regulations,
but my understanding is they are exempt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts