Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into the the new dp f6 chip for my truck. After joining this site i see alot f5 and some f6 chips for sale. Is the TS chip better for the money or what is the deal?:ford:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Welcome to the nation. This was posted in wrong thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry im a newbie! Great site!:D

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
I would get a TS style chip over the DP-Tuner, Because you have so many choices who can burn you tunes. DI, Gearhead, TW, Swamps, etc.. vs. being stuck with one tuner.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I would get a TS style chip over the DP-Tuner, Because you have so many choices who can burn you tunes. DI, Gearhead, TW, Swamps, etc.. vs. being stuck with one tuner.

:whs::whs:

·
Caution! May Blow Smoke
270 Posts
I have the DP F5 and like it Jody has done a good job for me but thats all I have ever had in my truck. As said the TS chip can be tuned bye a number of tuners. I would like to get a TS chip and find out who's tuning I liked best

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
The TS chip is the way to go because if for some reason you don't like the tuning that is on it. You can always have another tuner reburn it with there tunes. With the DP you are stuck with them and there hardware.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The TS chip is the way to go because if for some reason you don't like the tuning that is on it. You can always have another tuner reburn it with there tunes. With the DP you are stuck with them and there hardware.
Yep very true easy to just send it out and get it reburned with someone elses tunes.

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
Nope never said that. :confused:

You might be remembering us coming out with a rotary knob switch to work with our F5 or F6 chip. ;)
Yay!! What good is that if you want to use your tunes along with tunes from other tuners. None... :doh:

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
If that is what you want to do then you will need to use chips that allow you to do so. Our's are not set up that way.
So people are stuck with being able to use anyone's tuning but your, or yours without swapping chips. How lame... I have both a F5 and a TS, chip currently, and it sucks that your product is locked only to your tunes.

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
So people are stuck with being able to use anyone's tuning but your, or yours without swapping chips. How lame... I have both a F5 and a TS, chip currently, and it sucks that your product is locked only to your tunes.
really? us 6.4 guys with spartan are stuck. ALL dodge guys are stuck. i think DP made the smart move business wise. but i believe what they did was develop a smart unit that they copyrighted, because they dont want anyone to be able to sell the f5-f6 , not because they wanted to insure you couldnt swap chips. its a matter of protecting an innovative product, as well they can encrypt their tunes, which keeps others from looking at their proprietary info. with the TS style chips, anyone can open anyone's tunes.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
really? us 6.4 guys with spartan are stuck. ALL dodge guys are stuck. i think DP made the smart move business wise. but i believe what they did was develop a smart unit that they copyrighted, because they dont want anyone to be able to sell the f5-f6 , not because they wanted to insure you couldnt swap chips. its a matter of protecting an innovative product, as well they can encrypt their tunes, which keeps others from looking at their proprietary info. with the TS style chips, anyone can open anyone's tunes.
Its not really "there" own product......anyone can buy and tune there own using the same stuff. You just have to call Moates and ask about it. They use the TunerPro software along with Moates Quarter Horse hardware

I am really suprised other vendors hasn't started using it. From what i've heard, its pretty powerful stuff. Welcome to www.moates.net! : Moates.Net

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
If Jody wants to distribute his tuning on the F-5 and F-6 chips I see that as simply a choice he made to protect his work and allow better control over any chip issues. With as many members as we have any more it would not be very hard to find another member that you could borrow a chip from if you wanted to try out some alternative tuning.

Tom

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.