Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for Jody. I recently had my f5 updated with your newer tunes and i am having a very light shift flare with the 3-4 upshift under light load-light throttle settings only on the 80e and 120r positions.I did not have this with your earlyer pmt1 based tuning.Also I do not like the 3-4 downshift at 45-to boy racer for me and not good on wet mountain roads.The converter lock-up down to 25 is also causing the truck to fall on it's face after slowing down below 35mph and trying to acelerate again back up to speed in 3rd gear on a locked up converter! I have to floor it to get it to downshift. Is there a fix? On a good note upshifts-1-2 and2-3 are much firmer and power is awesome! My truck is a 2001 f250,stock injectors,tripledisk billet converter,transgo,modified clutchpack,ect

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the same issues. Just need to send mine back. Shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. Mine searches at 45 up and down. COPS in my town REALLY like speeding tickets. Need it dropped down a smidge ( yes thats a word, ask ya grandma haha )

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine hunts up and down also-this cant be good for the trans.Glad I am not crazy. Does your converter stay locked down to 25 also and cause the truck to lug when trying to acelerate after slowing down?

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
Mine hunts up and down also-this cant be good for the trans.Glad I am not crazy. Does your converter stay locked down to 25 also and cause the truck to lug when trying to acelerate after slowing down?
Yes.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Question for Jody. I recently had my f5 updated with your newer tunes and i am having a very light shift flare with the 3-4 upshift under light load-light throttle settings only on the 80e and 120r positions.I did not have this with your earlyer pmt1 based tuning.Also I do not like the 3-4 downshift at 45-to boy racer for me and not good on wet mountain roads.The converter lock-up down to 25 is also causing the truck to fall on it's face after slowing down below 35mph and trying to acelerate again back up to speed in 3rd gear on a locked up converter! I have to floor it to get it to downshift. Is there a fix? On a good note upshifts-1-2 and2-3 are much firmer and power is awesome! My truck is a 2001 f250,stock injectors,tripledisk billet converter,transgo,modified clutchpack,ect
Sure Jody can do that for you. Not everyone likes the downshifting. Give me a call on Monday and I'll send you a new form we have for reburns. I can't add it to our curent site, I'll just email it to you.

Diane

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I am concerned when you start accelerating the truck starts lugging. I don't recall my truck doing this. When I am in my econo setting when I press the pedal to go the truck doesn't lug. Talk to Jody before he reburns your chip about this happening.

Diane

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Diane, I will do that for sure on monday! A lot of tuners blew me off when I had concerns with there tuning.Thats why DP tuner is awesome!

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
i have a question. im new to the powerstroke tuning world. what is the deal with the dp tuners vs. an edge juice. my truck came with the juice adn a superchip. i would like to know all the info that yall have to give me. of couse i have the 7.3l.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Keeping the converter locked does not hurt the trans, its actually the opposite reaction. Too much constant lock unlock, lock unlock is what puts wear and tare on the parts.

It's not suppose to hunt. I know it should not be doing this. Jody is much better to ask specifically about the hunt thing. Shoot him an email and he'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Diane

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i have a question. im new to the powerstroke tuning world. what is the deal with the dp tuners vs. an edge juice. my truck came with the juice adn a superchip. i would like to know all the info that yall have to give me. of couse i have the 7.3l.
I am not an expert on the juice module, but what I know is its a module that is installed out in the engine compartment with a controller for inside the cab with different ICP pressure levels to choose from.

Our poduct is a computer chip that slides into the J3 port of the trucks computer brains. It does more then just ask for differnt ICP pressures. Fueling can be controlled, trans can be controlled, many many other things can be changed in the tuning for the engine and the transmission.

Hope this helps

Diane

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
up here in alaska we dont have many people to turn to about diesels. so im just trying to get some info. im trying to design a triple turbo setup and need to get some fueling things straightened out before hand. what injectors to run, how i should set up the turbo, and what tuner to run. any more info from anyone would be great.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diane,I don't want to sound like I am beating this,but when i am driving around town and slow to under 30mph -driving gently and need to speed back up gently from 25 mph the converter is locked up and trans is in3rd it is a dog! I need to REALY lay the pedal down to get it to downshift-smoking out traffic. It will go then. The truck has been drivin only 68 miles sence the pmt1 program i had on there.I think the converter just needs to unlock at a higher speed and stay unlocked till the truck is at a higher speed like it does when going up through the gears from a dead stop. I understand about the converter locking and unlocking to much. I do not have this problem.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My experience with the edge was VERY POOR. Go with DP TUNER you will be very happy!

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
i checked out the website, just dont know what all the options mean and which ones i should have put on it.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Diane,I don't want to sound like I am beating this,but when i am driving around town and slow to under 30mph -driving gently and need to speed back up gently from 25 mph the converter is locked up and trans is in3rd it is a dog! I need to REALY lay the pedal down to get it to downshift-smoking out traffic. It will go then. The truck has been drivin only 68 miles sence the pmt1 program i had on there.I think the converter just needs to unlock at a higher speed and stay unlocked till the truck is at a higher speed like it does when going up through the gears from a dead stop. I understand about the converter locking and unlocking to much. I do not have this problem.
Well this is totally going over my head now. Put all this into an email to Jody and let him chew on it. He'll be back in the office on Monday.

Diane

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
up here in alaska we dont have many people to turn to about diesels. so im just trying to get some info. im trying to design a triple turbo setup and need to get some fueling things straightened out before hand. what injectors to run, how i should set up the turbo, and what tuner to run. any more info from anyone would be great.
If you are in design process of a turbo setup, your tuner should be there to tune it right.

Diane

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Do yourself and your tranny a big favor and stay away from modules and programmers on a 7.3.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Jody live tuned my truck Friday to fix all the shifting issues. You can have him adjust about anything. It was great to have him there in person. I had him raise the unlock to 30mph otherwise it felt like it was going to stall momentarily. Keep in mind you have a non stock trans mods that may take some time to dial in. Once Jody realized what springs I had in the valve body it was a piece of cake to fine tune. Now it shifts awesome.

If you don't like the 4-3 downshift @ 45, have him raise the 3-4 upshift to around 48-50mph rather than the 45mph. That way it won't upshift too early for town driving. OR use a tow tune for town driving. They are setup to upshift later for better towing performance (aka no lug).

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jetskier, Thanks for the detailed response!I love the upshift at 45.I don't like the downshift at 45... there is no reason for it .Need 3rd tap the overdrive button.I do alot of in town driveing at 45.Go 45-upshift-go44-downshift-45shift-44shift...feels like it's jacking you around! I agree with lockup at 30 or give it a downshift to 2nd with light throttle like in 40 tow...if your going to lock it up down so low.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts