Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thinking about down sizing my exhaust from 5" to 4"... its a little loud for me. Its a really deep tone, it was cool at first but I like having the windows open all the time.

my main concern is; will i lose any power going from the 5-4?
i tend to think not because my DP is 3.5" but i just wanted to check with you guys.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
disregard guys, i did a search and found my answers.

4" is being ordered today.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Did you try putting a muffler on the 5"?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
It would just as effective to just add a really long big rig 4" muffler on to your existing system. The muffler costs around $45 and anybody can add the adaptors and weld it in there.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well already ordered a new 4" mbrp sytem today

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
5" Exhaust is spoken for. Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
670 Posts
The 250 I have now came with a 5" exhaust with a huge tip on it...

I changed it to a 4" Magnaflow (like my other 250) and like it much better.
Sound and looks....

What are you doing with the 5"?
Ive still got mine..... Lemme kno if your interested.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the 4" on today and I used the muffler....its real quiet...I might straight pipe it again I dunno yet

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Whats wrong with you old guys? lol

I love my 5'' straight pipe

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I've got a 5" straightpipe( 00 ) and like it but I noticed power loss from when I had my old 4" on there....maybe it's just me, but I noticed it....

Chad

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I've got a 5" straightpipe( 00 ) and like it but I noticed power loss from when I had my old 4" on there....maybe it's just me, but I noticed it....

Chad
It's not any faster or slower but when they get really loud it feels like they are slower for some people. I'm like that. Nothing impresses me more than me accelerating really fast and the engine being nothing but a quiet hum.

I had straight 5". It was pretty horrible.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
im not old, only 25, but the drone got old. if it didnt drone i would have kept it.
Yes sir, I know what you mean. The drone can get pretty annoying.

Due to me having tried every single exhaust option out there (stuck on dumped now, for good lol) I need to go ahead and just get a new kit and go back out the rear. My next 5" is going to have a muffler thrown in

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
Yes sir, I know what you mean. The drone can get pretty annoying.

Due to me having tried every single exhaust option out there (stuck on dumped now, for good lol) I need to go ahead and just get a new kit and go back out the rear. My next 5" is going to have a muffler thrown in
Ive only had a 4". The new setup has a muffler on it. The clatter is louder than the exhaust note with a muffler. I might try a muffler delete pipe. I just dont think my truck is loud at all. I had a stock downpipe on it for a while, only, and it still wasnt loud, imo.

I dont remember the 4" straight being that loud.

I think I should try running my 4"dp to some 5" and then a single black stack. Would that be louder?

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well ordered a tip and muffler delete from DPPower just now :ford:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
post up pics of it...looking into a nice tip for my 4" MBRP system

1 - 20 of 22 Posts