Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Buy Low Sell High
54 Posts
Yeah diamond eye I had to dent in my fire wall just a hair but it worked fine. I also wrapped mine in heat shield just cus the old one had a lot if heat shielding on it. Idk if it made any difference.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My 97 has the diamond eye 2piece downpipe, 3 into 4inch.... I had to grind the lip on the firewall and thought i had enough clearance.... Well, when i would sit in the truck and hit bumps it would still hit intermittently, so marked the dp with a marker where it was near the firewall, and dimpled the down pipe about a 1/4inch in that area.... Works excellent now, and no more rubbing.... I noticed a definate difference, but i went from stock exhaust to a complete diamond eye system..... The whole kit fit excellent!

·
Registered
246 Posts
not to sound dumb ,but a body lift dose wonders for a down pipe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the opinions and it looks like I went the right way! I ordered one this morning before I got any replies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i put a TYMAR downpipe in mine, fit great after a little firewall modification... aslo has it cermic coated... $60 bucks for the coating

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
i put a TYMAR downpipe in mine, fit great after a little firewall modification... aslo has it cermic coated... $60 bucks for the coating
^^^^^^^ Where did you get it? I have the same 3"-> 3.5"-> 4" DP and it seen better days.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I would try Dale Isley at Tymar Performance or Cary at CT Performance for the Tymar DP. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts