Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a new exhaust on my truck and the downpipe won't come down through fire wall it's not the hook on old downpipe seems like it's getting stuck on the heat shield on the up pipes any suggestions that would get it past? Just beat the piss out of it or remove heat shield I have a 03 motor but a 04 truck it's a 6.0

·
Registered
17 Posts
If its the new larger downpipe that's being installed, It needs to come up from the floor to the turbo. In some cases slight firewall adjusting (hammer the clearance) may need done. My 4" turbo downpipe went in just fine on my 7.3, its tight but fit just fine. Don't torque all the clamps down until its fully installed turbo to tailpipe so you can twist & adjust it all, then start from the turbo clamp & work your way back.

·
PSN
34 Posts
Cut that heat shield off as high as you can from the bottom. Thats the problem I ran into with mine. I used a dremel tool to cut it. Its a PITA. I cut off the flange at the top of the downpipe too then pushed down from the top. Replaced mine with 3.5in downpipe and went right in no problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Sawzall and "torch" blades made short work of mine.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Just wait until you start trying to feed the new one back up through there....LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts