Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a 4in downpipe in and wanted to know if I need to put a extension pipe in to meet up with the flex pipe for my stacks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Thats going to depend on a lot of variables. What configuration truck do you have, standard car, crew cab, extended cab? What exhaust do you have now? is it just stacks to a stock exhaust? Where does it split, in bed or below?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
well its tough to say, Some downpipes end at different spots. My MBRP 4 inch downpipe stops around the front of the doors. (im kinda guessing, not near the truck right now) Im guessing the stock exhaust is cut off and goes to the flex pipe somewhere near the back of the cab. If thats the case you will need an extension pipe.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Check around your area for someone who has a standard cab short bed and just put an exhaust on. they will have left over pipe. My exhaust had a few extra pieces. I think I had a 2 foot section, and another part that I cut off the extension pipe. That might be your cheapest route.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
or buy a 4 inch turbo back, use the downpipe and needed extension, then sell the remaining exhaust and mention the length you have left

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I would call one of the exhaust companies and see if they could send you the pipes just to the back of the cab. Diamond eye, MBRP, silver line I think has the kit for stacks. Maybe they could just send you the parts. Worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at black cloud sire and they sell a kit that is a downpipe and mid pipe for stacks. Is the mid pipe the same as a extension pipe

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I was looking at black cloud sire and they sell a kit that is a downpipe and mid pipe for stacks. Is the mid pipe the same as a extension pipe

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Should be. Find out how long the midpipe is. I'm willing to bet you need about a 4-5 ft piece depending on the length of the dp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts