Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips i got a portapower and my downpipe any tips would be appreciated. How long did it take you guys? Thanks in advance Roger.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Make 2 cuts (one at the top an inch or soo from the turbo flange,the 2nd one is right before the trans cross member) the stocker hits the ground start modden your pinch weld seam then put the pipe on adj. tighten down.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a sawzall and high speed cutting wheel. Forgot to mention that. Can this be done in a couple of hours? I plan on taking a couple of hours tomorrow night after i get the kids in bed to sneak off to the shop to do this.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
it took me like 2.5-3hrs but i wasnt pushing it. one thing i would recommend is a longer metal blade for a sawzaw it isnt 100% nessicary but i would have loved to have one. also good luck with the fire wall lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ordered a chip and diy stage 1 kit. i installed the chip but want to do the downpipe before i do my injectors. I also sometime need to install my gauges. anytips lol....

Thanks alot for the info guys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The longest sawzall blade is a must, it cuts the time WAY down..... and clearance the firewall more than you think, it sux to pull it back out the following weekend for another 1/4 in!
Make some guide lines with a sharpie on the fire wall before you cut it out, not necessary but then you can put the saw down and go right to clearancing the F/W..... your already down there! one of the easiest mods to any truck i have done.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
make your cut around that area. then cut down below and it practically falls out.

the 3 pieces you end up with

heres the difference, its surprising they would put something in like that

one of these is AWESOME for moving the firewall. just pump it and itll open up and move it where you need it to go. mad it simple with the tranny in.

after its in just be sure to enjoy the extra noise :D put in mine last weekend and im still enjoying the additional turbo noise lol

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Lol that lil tool woulda been nice to have during installing my dp.. but o big flippin bar seemed to get the job done:D

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
haha it was nice. my dad helped me do it and he was under placing the pry and i pumped it. i heard from under the truck "DANG" what? "this thing is awesome!" hahahaha

·
Registered
361 Posts
make your cut around that area. then cut down below and it practically falls out.

the 3 pieces you end up with

heres the difference, its surprising they would put something in like that

one of these is AWESOME for moving the firewall. just pump it and itll open up and move it where you need it to go. mad it simple with the tranny in.

after its in just be sure to enjoy the extra noise :D put in mine last weekend and im still enjoying the additional turbo noise lol
Good Job with the pics..it is hard to explain where exactly to cut.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol no not done yet. i`m waiting til the kids go to bed tonight and i`m relieved of my duties. I`m gonna sneak out to the shop later.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts