Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have full funding for an entire turbo back at this time. If I get a downpipe for now is it easy to find a downpipe back exhaust kit or will I end up having to buy a turbo back anyway? I wanna let it breathe but don't want/need to waste money either.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
buy the downpipe and fab the rest of it, just take it back and dump it in front of the rear tire, u can do it decently cheap if u have decent fab skills

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
i bought a diamond eye 2 peice downpipe for under 200 bucks...bought ten feet of 4 inch OD pipe for under 50, use an adapter from 3-4 inchs, then cut where you want, get an elbow for under 20 and turn it out the side

this is my set-up with stacks

·
Registered
68 Posts
i bought a diamond eye 2 peice downpipe for under 200 bucks...bought ten feet of 4 inch OD pipe for under 50, use an adapter from 3-4 inchs, then cut where you want, get an elbow for under 20 and turn it out the side

this is my set-up with stacks
i got a mbrp 3" dp for like 75+ s&h.
@ beans

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I was gonna say. i hope he got the downpipe for way under 200 bucks.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
You can get a Walker 55102 SuperDuty 4" tailpipe if you want to do a tailpipe. You can fabricate exhaust hangers using the stock frame mounts with 3/8" rod. Welding the rod to exhaust clamps makes it easy to adjust the location/removal too. I used NAPA Easi-Seal stainless band clamps (about $10 each) to seal up the joints, the clamps come apart easy if you ever want to remove the exhaust system.

·
Banned
924 Posts
I was gonna say. i hope he got the downpipe for way under 200 bucks.
i think the diamond eye was 150, which i did find a few for 300-400 bucks that were only one peice hahaha

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
when I had my exhaust done it came out to a total of like $200, that was for a 3" down pipe and enough 4" to run it back and the 45* exit before the rear tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts