Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
stock its 3.5 inch, looks like four but its double walled for some reason, i dont think you can fit 5 inch its pritty tight unless maybe you message the firewall lol. and havent found anyone making a five ich but if its true i would love to know

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Jesse,

Is MBRP going to start making these too??
:whs: are you guys able to do anything with the dpf yet? i have your 5" universal stack kit and need a pipe between that and the down pipe.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I hear a lot of guys r running the downpipe is it really a good improvement. My intercooler pipe was a huge difference. Im not sure it would be worth the investmest right now.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
I hear a lot of guys r running the downpipe is it really a good improvement. My intercooler pipe was a huge difference. Im not sure it would be worth the investmest right now.
the four inch helps with back preasure for sure

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
The 6.4L come stock with roughly a 3.5 inch downpipe. Putting in an after market 4 inch downpipe is really hard. i don't know how you can get a 5 inch one in there.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
installing mikes 4" DP wasnt that hard...at most and hour with slight modding.
i can tell you this much though...i cant see a 5" fitting in there. it comes real close to the frame rail and the tube for the tranny dip stick.
on another note...i dont know what the new DP will have on a DPF, being that the flow is now changed?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
From what I have heard the stock downpipe is dual walled for a reason, it holds the heat in the exahust to the DPF to help it with the regen process, take some of that heat away, and the dpf doesnt like it, just what i have heard though.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
who needs a dpf anyways lol

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
From what I have heard the stock downpipe is dual walled for a reason, it holds the heat in the exahust to the DPF to help it with the regen process, take some of that heat away, and the dpf doesnt like it, just what i have heard though.

ive heard the same!

who needs a dpf anyways lol

da hippiesLOL

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
da hippiesLOL[/QUOTE]

buy a hybrid, i need your oil :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Did one yesterday on a 2010 450. Good luck with a 5in down pipe is all I have to say. (I was soooooo close to having the stock one out in one piece. I would have went and bought myself a plaque or trophy!)

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
i got mine out in one piese, but thru the top with the turbos off lol

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
da hippiesLOL
buy a hybrid, i need your oil :pointlaugh:[/QUOTE]

i was walking next to one the other day...the person got in and just took off, never even heard the thing start or accelerate!
how am i supposed to know its there on the road? im afraid im going to run one over one day, lol!LOL

done with my derail

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I could amagine especially with the removal of a dual wall pipe. Is it really a pain the A$$ to get it out nd in one peice cause i would rather have it in one peice. I got my cac pipe out in one peice and boy wat a pain that was.
the four inch helps with back preasure for sure

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
I could amagine especially with the removal of a dual wall pipe. Is it really a pain the A$$ to get it out nd in one peice cause i would rather have it in one peice. I got my cac pipe out in one peice and boy wat a pain that was.

it has been done.
i think they moved the tranny over or removed the dipstick tube or something...IMHO not worth the hassle if you have to do the same thing to get it back in.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ok well im definetly going to have to try. I got a manual so no tranny tube for me. i should do it when i pull my tranny in the next two weeks to do my clutch. thanks or the info.
it has been done.
i think they moved the tranny over or removed the dipstick tube or something...IMHO not worth the hassle if you have to do the same thing to get it back in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts