Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys recommend for dove hunting? Right now I shoot my Remington 11-87 but I am thinking about the Beretta A400 or the Browning Maxus. I know i need to get out their and shoot both. Which one do yall prefer for feel, comfort, weight, cycling, cleaning, etc..

·
Livin in the flatlands.
525 Posts
I use my CZ Redhead delux O/U. Works for all my upland hunting. Granted, my buddies Beretta 686 O/U is nicer, as it's lighter so quicker swing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Benelli Nova Pump 12 Ga. Little heavier of a gun but is smooth as silk. Shoot straight and is just BA all around. Good features for a walking hunter too. Like the ability to clear the chambered shell without cycling the next.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i love my old winchester model 120 ranger 20 guage for smaller birds

i love my browning invector gold series 10 gauge but that a bit large for dove hunting lol

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I love my Ruger Red Label O/U in 20 gage for the quick moving birds. It has accounted for quite a few.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I use a winchester 120 12guage pump. Or a ruger red lable 12 guage. Or my rem 870 12 guage. Prety much anything they will all bring a dove down.

·
401 Posts
I have the gun the A400 is replacing, Extrema 2. Love it. Easy on the shoulder and easier to clean. That 400 looks to be a beast.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I really like my girls A391 12ga. its nice and light. I shoot my trusty 870 though

·
Livin in the flatlands.
525 Posts
I have the gun the A400 is replacing, Extrema 2. Love it. Easy on the shoulder and easier to clean. That 400 looks to be a beast.
I have what your gun replaced, the A391 Extrema. It's my waterfowl gun and nice, but the wife carries that on upland game as it's easier on her shoulder.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I like my Browning Gold Hunter. You can eject the chamber shell without emptying out the rest like the Benelli and I love the weight of the gun compared to it's length.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think i may hold off and just break the 1100LW 20g back out along with the browning A5s and put some rounds through them even though i wasnt wanting to since they are in mint condition

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Winchester Model 12, Super-X, Super-X2. Beretta 3901 (plain jane version of a 391, matte finish, grey composite stock) call me crazy, (and alot of people have) but I dove hunt/shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays/almost anything thing except turkey hunt all with the same gun. My Beretta 682 Gold E trap, I'm comfortable with it, know exactly where it hits, and it doesn't beat me to death.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts