Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 f250 that has the door moldings on and they are faded I'm wondering if anyone has removed them and what's the best method?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have an 06 f250 that has the door moldings on and they are faded I'm wondering if anyone has removed them and what's the best method?
Which mouldings? The ones at the base of the window just pop out - both inside and out. The one that goes around the door on the cab side also just pulls out.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i just pulled mine off.....i used a heat gun very carefully and pulled em, they are plastic so they come off easy....getting the tape off is a little tricky, they make a detail wheel thats almost made of pencile eraser, goes on the end of a drill worked like a charm....and cleans up the truck nice

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Rocky technically this is a thread jack but
I doubt the paint line is good under the molding on a two tone .. you would likely need to get the oem pinstripe sticker to fix the transition like the rest of the truck has and then it may have a glue / lack of paint fade issue under the molding also

I wouldn't remove mine personally it helps prevent door dings

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
easiest:
take some heavy test fishin line and just slip behind the moulding and start "sawing" thru it. the line will get hot and slice right thru the adheisive. you will need to stop at a carquest or bodyshop supply place and pick up an Adhesive remover wheel ( its very similar to a gum eraser from art class) it fits into a drill. it removes the glue and DOES NOT harm paint. its a pretty slick tool and will last for a long time.

ive taken off alot of mouldings and badges for myself and others and this is the best method ive found. the wheel also will allow you to remove pin stripe or any other stickers you may ever wwant off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts