Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reprogram the door keypad? When I bought the truck (3rd owner) the guy said he did know the code and never did. So I called the original owner and he could not remember. Also the guy I bought it off of did not have the key flob for the keyless entry. He bought one and mailed it to me. I then reprogramed the key flob with the ignition switch.
A guy at work has a F-250 gas motor truck and said the code is on the box under the dash in the middle, and pulled out the ash tray or cover, and said look. He used the 5 digit number in the lower right corner of the box, and the doors unlocked.
I tried it on mine when I got home. No luck. Did I change the code when I programed the key flob?
There has got to be a trick to this. I called the stealership and they want 100 bucks to put it on the computer to tell me what it is.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I dont know...If the code inside the truck doesnt work then the keypad is broke or been changed. You're kinda between a rock and a hardplace I think.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What brand is the keyfob? I bought 2 new ones from Karr. They told me how and I just held the button down and turned the key on and off or something like that. Can't remember. But there should be an 800 # on the back with the mfg name. Call them.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
What brand is the keyfob? I bought 2 new ones from Karr. They told me how and I just held the button down and turned the key on and off or something like that. Can't remember. But there should be an 800 # on the back with the mfg name. Call them.
He's asking about his keypads on the door, not his key fob.

OP, some of those keypads are hardwired to the truck, and some have a small battery in them, just like your key fob, so if it is the latter, the battery is most likely dead. One of the PO's could have also changed the code.

Do a search on keyless entry, I know I've seen threads here on PSN on how to see which style your keypad is, and how to change the battery if it's the wireless style. Those style are basically a key fob stuck to your door.

Dave

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If you have located the module in your truck and tried the code and it did not work you either have a bad keypad or the wireless type with a dead battery. The factory hard code can not be changed. An owner can add a personal code that is easier for them to remember, but it does not and will not ever take the place of the factory hard code. See if you can't become friends with a tech at the dealer who can borrow the VCS scanner and find out what your code is.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
is it the same for 05-07, where is the box with the number on it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not to steel away from the original question but how hard would it be to install one on a 2002 superduty and where might I be able to get one? Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The original owner told me he put it on there and there are no wires. I can push the last two buttons and truck will lock so I do not think it is the battries. Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and shell out the money sometime.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
He's asking about his keypads on the door, not his key fob.

OP, some of those keypads are hardwired to the truck, and some have a small battery in them, just like your key fob, so if it is the latter, the battery is most likely dead. One of the PO's could have also changed the code.

Do a search on keyless entry, I know I've seen threads here on PSN on how to see which style your keypad is, and how to change the battery if it's the wireless style. Those style are basically a key fob stuck to your door.

Dave
Sorry, I must have misunderstood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts