Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that both of my door ajar sensors have gone bad at the same time. The light doesn't go out on the dash as long as the key is in the ignition. The lights take 45 min to time out and they don't shut off until you hit 10 mph while driving. Lots of people have said to use wd-40 but that little trick didn't work. Then some guy at the auto parts store said to look up alarm timing codes on the net and that would fix the problem. I have found no such thing anybody got any ideas?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Silicone lube up into the latch assemblies and slam the doors a bunch of times guys. It works trust me. That is what they do at the dealer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
WD40 trick worked for me after opening and slamming the door shut about 25 or 50 times LOL

·
Addict
12 Posts
Yeah I had this problem when I bought my (used) truck and tried the the wd40 thing and all but only got it to work after I took each actuator out of the door and had it on the bench. :shrug: -don't ask me, but it worked. While I was there I also checked my actuators while in the doors to make sure they were closing the circuit when in the latch position and sending the signal to the VSM. 3 of the 4 were so I replace the bad one. -Sounds like a different problem from yours but my power door locks weren't working either ...later found my VSM was bad. (again, I know it sounds a little different than the problem you're having but thats my .02 if it helps) :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have had to replace the sensors twice now and I finaly said F#CK this and pulled the dome lights out. ******* fix I know but I am not going to spend 100 buck every time. Just an opinion

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
spray some WD40 in the latches it works.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
spray some WD40 in the latches it works.
Lots of it. And not just on the outside part, but on the part inside the door also.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Brake clean first and then some kind of lubricant, normally silicon or graphite is what we use.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Lots of it. And not just on the outside part, but on the part inside the door also.
haha yes sorry! but it works i remember people said to do that and it worked for me never ever happened again...yettt..LOL

·
hvac man
498 Posts
I have had to replace the sensors twice now and I finaly said F#CK this and pulled the dome lights out. ******* fix I know but I am not going to spend 100 buck every time. Just an opinion
You sir, should be a senator or something. Can we all imagine if this kind of thinking went to Washington?LOLLOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts