Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All. I have a 2003 super cab and have some issues with the suicide doors. Every damn bump I hit the door shakes and rattles loudly and is getting very annoying. There are 3 screws holding the latch in but doesnt seem to be any way to adjust in or out. If I could suck the door in some it would probly help. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Brian..

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
People are using hose to make thicker gaskets for the doors. I would look at the mod sections for any year superduty not just 6.0 specific.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Maybe try adjusting the nater bolt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help so far. While looking at the nater bolt doesnt look like much to adjust there but will look again and looking at the gasket around the door I see the point of using hose and will have to see how to secure it to the door. These doors dont have actual adjustments on them I guess. Thanks guys..

·
Word
608 Posts
The striker and latch actually wear out causing the doors to rattle and shake over time...replacing one usually doesn't fix the problem, you have to replace them both...try wrapping some electrical tape around the door striker and closing the door, it doesn't take much, maybe 3 or 4 times around, drive it and see, only thing that sucks is it makes the door kind of hard to open, it will stick a little..but a cheap fix...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I think I fixed it, for how long I dont know but well see. All it took was a big hammer and a few well placed smashes to the latch on the rear door. It didnt look like it moved but did the trick for now. Thanks for the help guys as always.....

·
Still learning
368 Posts
BFH works every time LOL. Or at least you get some frustrations out for the time being.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts