Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, replaced my factory door actuators because they were gimpy. Went ahead and replaced the ignition key and put in new front door locks. I also replaced the fobs. So here is the problem...Driver's side doors unlock when hitting the lock button. Passenger actuator will work properly but only after hitting the lock or unlock multiple times otherwise it will not respond. Rear passenger door is the only door that responds correctly however, it sounds like its grinding sand while doing it.

Manufacturer has not responded back...contacted them twice. Truck is a 99 F350 Crew. I have not put the doors back together yet still trying to figure out what is causing this? Instructions say turn key from off to on 8 times in 10 seconds then hit the fob lock and unlock button to program the fobs. Unfortunately mine actuates after 5 turns and 8 does nothing because it engages at 5. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are these the wrong actuators? fobs? wiring? quality?

Help needed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tore apart one of the old actuators and took out the little dc motor. Trimmed some wires and stuffed em in where the pierce leads are in the actuator. Motor turns counterclockwise...flipped wires and motor turns clockwise. Possible solution however, what does the other plug in do. If I flip the wires in the harness that plugs into the very bottom of the actuator it should lock when the lock button is hit instead of the exact opposite...i think. What does the other harness do that plugs in just above that one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know what the other two wire harness does that plugs into the solenoid right above the door lock actuator motor? What is its function exactly???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts