Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door ajar light is on in the dash and my dome lights wont shut offhttp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif. I looked for the fuse in the manual but no luck. I think the sensor is bad for the drivers rear door. Just need to pull the fuse or locate and replace the sensor. The lights keep draining my batts if i don't run it every day, I work out of town for 3 dhttp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_ford.gifays so have to jump it every week. Please help????

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
This happened to me and I just sprayed WD-40 in my door latches to loosen up the switch and all is well at the moment.

Before that I just pulled the bulb out... LOL

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
This happened to me and I just sprayed WD-40 in my door latches to loosen up the switch and all is well at the moment.

Before that I just pulled the bulb out... LOL
My truck is doing the same thing!! Weird lol
I actually pulled the bulbs out too, to be honest.

But how would WD40 help?:confused:

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts

It cleans/makes connection better.

Basically ford truck/excursion/whatever + dome light stays on = wd40.

I was skeptical the first time I tried it. Now its the first choice and not the last resort to fix one doing it.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts

I'm assuming it makes the little switch in there just become unstuck. And also provides some lubrication until it needs another application.

All I 100% know is it works. :D

To the OP: The light should eventually go out and not stay on all the time though. At least mine didn't. If you leave the door open for 10 minutes or so the lights should shut off automatically. So I don't see how it was draining your battery.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Ok I'll try it out. Where is the switch at?

·
Registered
357 Posts
its part of the the latching mechanism. as the latch get stiff and dry its does not quite move the last few thousands of an inch needed to fully close the switch even though it has latched enough to hold the door. splash the wd around liberally and your light will go out.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Open the door, spray the latch on the door itself in WD40, just hose it down, then open/close the door 10x. It will fix it. Haven't had a Ford truck that this didn't happen to yet... Quite common. Do both doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts