Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured while I've got heads off may as well throw in a set of sticks? What size should I go with to use stock turbo. Or is that just waste of money and go with turbo and sticks.. Not really in my budget to do both. Want reliabilty.

·
matt
911 Posts
do 190's with a good tune

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
:whs: From everything I have read, either 190s or 175s. It is ok to run larger injectors with the stock turbo as you will definitely see a gain with a custom tune written for them. You will however probably need a custom tune to pull fuel back if you decide to tow. The injectors should be just as reliable as the stock ones provided you keep the oil changed at regular intervals and maintain proper fuel pressure and then you can have some time to decide what you would like to do for a turbo. Hope this helps.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah definitely does. So a set of 175s or 190s will give me room to thow a turbo on later if needed too. Correct? Not looking for monster power. Like I've said in other posts, close to 500 reliably is my end goal eventually. But I have limited budget until truck is paid for so its kind of piece by piece at times.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I hear that. either ones will get you 500hp with the right turbo, tuning, and proper fueling and other supporting mods.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
175's with stock nozzles.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Would 175s leave me possible room to grow later on?
Plenty of fuel for a PowerMax or a 64MM turbo. And with stock nozzles the cost is only $600.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I second the 175's w/ stock nozzles if your wanting to stay on a budget let me know if you need some pricing... We sell Warren Diesel injectors

·
Registered
922 Posts
^^^^ what he said! go with that guy!

·
matt
911 Posts
^^^^ what he said! go with that guy!
most definitly!!! thats who i will be getting mine from in jan. best pricing ive found so far!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts