Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my egr is shot, going to be doing an egr delete, looking at this one EGR Delete Kit. 2006 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Liter EGR Delete Kit
, also like the sinister kit, any suggestions on which one and where to buy?

also, any suggestions on what else i should do while i have it apart? going to overhaul/clean the oil cooler, should i go as far as head gaskets and studs? truck is mainly just a dd, rarely tow with it

possibly going to do oil bypass filter and coolant filter, eventually want to delete or gut dpf,

and does anyone know refill capacity for trans? would i be better off dropping the pan or just changing the external filter and fluid?

i saw a post on here before about this type of question, can't seem to find it now

fairly new to the diesel owner world, any help/input is greatly appreciated

thanks

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
we use sinister when installing delete kits. they make good products. your truck does not have a dpf system on it. you can cut out the catalytic converter and the muffler and the truck will be a lot louder if you want. and the tranny holds i think 7 quarts when you drain the pan. no need to drop the pan just drain it and refill and then change the external filter located at the front of the truck. you will also want to get a tuner so that your check engine light does not come on after deleting the egr. SCT tuners are most widely used on 6.0's

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
For reliablility i would do the EGR delete, i would also do the oil cooler rebuild, as well as the blue spring upgrade in the factory fuel pressure regulator. You will need some tunes on the motor in order to clear the EGR delete codes in the computer. In my opinion i would do the head studs as well while you are going through all of this work.

As far as Parts and kits go: Egr deletes are mostly the same, i would go with the Full EGR delete rather than just block off plates, but that is just my opinion.

Any questions feel free to ask or shoot me a pm

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
^^^^ All good advise.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I wouldn't change them unless there bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what would cause it to kinda hesitate when starting, like it tries, struggles a little then turns over

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
what would cause it to kinda hesitate when starting, like it tries, struggles a little then turns over
Could be a few things, check it for codes and that should point you in the rite direction.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i haven't checked it recently, and it is currently 50 miles away from me, but i did check it a few months ago and there were no codes and it has been doing it all summer, so its not a cold temp issue, i should be able to get some video of it this weekend, i'll post it and maybe get some input

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If you have an injector tip leaking fuel into the cylinder it could cause it to turn over for a second then stop then push it out and crank up and start. I've seen that happen. Id do studs while your there for good insurance if you have the money and the know how. I usually use a performance machine egr delete kit on all my stuff and customers has worked real well. Let me know or pm me if you need anything.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am still debating on cooler or delete. i don't really have the money to get a tuner right now, if i do the delete but leave the egr valve in, am i correct in thinking that will eliminate the need for the tuner, at least until i get some more money together to get a tuner

and where is the best place to get whatever cleaners i need to do a coolant system flush?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts